Question best carseat to purchase

T

Tevanee Erion

My grandson is 2 and a half years old. He is 39 in. tall and weighs 39 pounds. I would like to buy a new carseat that will grow with him. What is a safe type or brand to purchase?

ADS

Jan06twinmom

My grandson is 2 and a half years old. He is 39 in. tall and weighs 39 pounds. I would like to buy a new carseat that will grow with him. What is a safe type or brand to purchase?

Welcome to car-seat.org.

Most of the time, I would recommend a convertible car seat for a two year old so that the toddler could ride in the rear-facing position. There are a few seats that would work for your grandson. The Diono Radian rear-faces to 45lbs. There is a separate angle adjustor that allows the seat to be installed more upright for older children. The Clek Foonf - with a 50lb rear-facing limit - is another option. Both of these seats have a 65lb weight limit for the harness. I would only consider these options if you are planning to use it in the rear-facing position for your grandson.

If you are only planning to use the seat in the forward-facing position, then you will want to look at a combination car seat. A combination seat will keep him harnessed for the next 3 years or so and then will convert to a booster seat. The combination seats to consider are the Evenflo Securekids, Graco Nautilus/Argo, Britax Frontier/Pinnacle.

If you want to tell us more about your situation - like what car the seat will be used in - and your budget, we can help narrow down the seats for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC