Delay on the Incognito?

daniele_ut

When I just searched Amazon for the Safety 1st Incognito it didn't come up, though I can get to the page from my order history. My expected delivery was November 19th for the black one, but it now says the product is unavailable for all colors.

Anybody know what's up with the delay?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I ordered the gray one on 11/11 and it's still saying ship date is 11/22, still showing in my orders....but...when I c&p it into the search box, it said it doesn't exist. Hmmmmmmmmm....

NVMBR02

Mine hasn't shipped yet either. The order still says expected delivery on Nov. 19th. Hopefully it is just a small delay.

HEVY

It shows up for me. Unavailable, but it's still there.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Incognito-Positioning-Black/dp/B00FLXBHIU"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Incognito Kid Positioning Seat, Black: Baby[/ame]

thekatie

I can find the Incognito (in each color, too!), but I can't order it, even pre-order. Only add to my wish list.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I really love the video they have for it :jive: They probably could have picked a louder, more babyish version of the Ambassador/High Rise to use for that kid to be so angry about using, though...

Keeanh

I really love the video they have for it :jive: They probably could have picked a louder, more babyish version of the Ambassador/High Rise to use for that kid to be so angry about using, though...

Thanks for mentioning it. I didn't even notice there was a video. I like it too. I guess it makes sense from a marketing perspective to show that kids still dislike boosters even with "grown-up" covers. But yeah, it would have been way funnier with a Dora TB or something.

daniele_ut

I got an email from Amazon today asking me to confirm that I really want it because they don't have them in stock and don't have an ETA. Hopefully it won't be too long!

Mysweethoneybee

I ordered 4 of them and it had said would be here Nov 25th to Dec 3, I don't know how to check and I haven't gotten an email. I will be disappointed if they don't show.

ETA Mine just say "not yet shipped" I am hoping for the best.

Last edited:

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I'm trying to get an update from my Dorel contacts and I'll post here when I do. It shouldn't be too much of a delay (I hope) but I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them. In the mean time if anyone gets notification from Amazon that their ore-order has shipped - LMK.

YinzerMama

The video makes me want to either punch the kids who are laughing or restrain the girl who runs off with them, for allowing her "friends" to treat her that way.

This is a seriously amazing product though IMO. It fills a very real niche and is much better than the standard "you're the mom, you don't let your kid's friend's make the call as to car safety." Peer pressure is real at this age. Kids want to fit in. A million kudos to Dorel for recognizing this.

Wonder what the hold up is? And how long till other companies copy?

Keeanh

This is a seriously amazing product though IMO. It fills a very real niche and is much better than the standard "you're the mom, you don't let your kid's friend's make the call as to car safety." Peer pressure is real at this age. Kids want to fit in. A million kudos to Dorel for recognizing this.

It's not just the peer pressure thing, either. My boys actually get no peer pressure whatsoever. For us it's a logistical matter of boosters taking up a ton of room in lockers, bags, etc. At 9 & 11, I might be dropping one of them off in front of the arena and not seeing them again until a coach brings them home. I'm not walking them to the dressing room, or meeting up with the coach to put the seat in his truck, etc. So the boys cart their boosters around with them, and they don't fit in a hockey bag. And if DH happens to be available to pick up one of the boys, he's putting them in the front seat of the police car (because the back is disgusting) and he doesn't have time to go back and get a booster out of his truck. But he doesn't object if the kids have their boosters ready to go on their own.

So yes, I pre-ordered two Incognitos and yes, I'm in Canada. The boys are 9 & 11 so they don't legally need to be in a seat at all.

YinzerMama

Good point, they do get to be a pain to have to carry around as well.

This is just a brilliant product on so many levels. And yet so simple!

canadiangie

It's not just the peer pressure thing, either. My boys actually get no peer pressure whatsoever. For us it's a logistical matter of boosters taking up a ton of room in lockers, bags, etc. At 9 & 11, I might be dropping one of them off in front of the arena and not seeing them again until a coach brings them home. I'm not walking them to the dressing room, or meeting up with the coach to put the seat in his truck, etc. So the boys cart their boosters around with them, and they don't fit in a hockey bag. And if DH happens to be available to pick up one of the boys, he's putting them in the front seat of the police car (because the back is disgusting) and he doesn't have time to go back and get a booster out of his truck. But he doesn't object if the kids have their boosters ready to go on their own.

So yes, I pre-ordered two Incognitos and yes, I'm in Canada. The boys are 9 & 11 so they don't legally need to be in a seat at all.

Is it not coming here??

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Okay - here's the scoop on the delay from my Dorel contact:

Yes, it has been delayed, twice! Very frustrating, but we have gotten through our supply issues. Production started today on the black, and we should be fulfilling orders by 12/2. Amazon should be firing it back up live soon. Unfortunately, the supply issue affected the other colors as well. We are planning on light grey to be available the week of 12/7, dark grey and tan towards the end of December (assuming no more supplier hiccups).

I know it's frustrating when products you want to purchase are delayed but it's the nature of this business, unfortunately. I suspect it's even more frustrating when you're the manufacturer trying to get a product into production and issues beyond your control hold you up. Just know that they're working hard to get the Incognito into production and out to retailers (in this case Amazon) as soon as they can!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Thanks, Kecia! I'm glad to know it's just a supplier/delay issue... when it disappeared from, we'll, everywhere, it seemed perhaps the whole product had been pulled!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC