Thank you!! Quick Follow up Question reference length and bucket seats.

U

Unregistered

Thanks so much for the great info! I'll happily leave my little one rear-facing. Follow up question on the bucket seat -- the side of my Graco bucket limits the length to 26 inches. I would love to leave her in the bucket for a while longer (till her head reaches to 1 inch below the shell) because her developmental delays make sitting in carts and high chairs difficult. Is this really okay??

Thanks again -- that wreck really scared us -- we got hit very hard from behind. It totalled our Volvo S60. I still feel like if we'd been in a different car and my older daughter had been in a different car seat (she was in a Britax Roundabout) we wouldn't have walked away.

ADS

ignora

Senior Community Member
Yes, it's really ok. :)

As long as she's under the weight limit for the seat and her head is at least 1" below the top of the seat shell, she fits.

It's something I wish I would have known about when my dd was still in her infant seat. I took her out when she hit 26", but she was still several inches below the top of the shell.. :eek:

crunchierthanthou

Yes, it's really ok. :)

As long as she's under the weight limit for the seat and her head is at least 1" below the top of the seat shell, she fits.

It's something I wish I would have known about when my dd was still in her infant seat. I took her out when she hit 26", but she was still several inches below the top of the shell.. :eek:

I agree completely- even the part about taking my son out at 26" because that was the "limit".

Was the seat that you're asking about involved in the crash? If so, it will need to be replaced. Forgive me if you're already aware of that. I'm not sure what your history is since you're not registered.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks so much for the great info! I'll happily leave my little one rear-facing. Follow up question on the bucket seat -- the side of my Graco bucket limits the length to 26 inches. I would love to leave her in the bucket for a while longer (till her head reaches to 1 inch below the shell) because her developmental delays make sitting in carts and high chairs difficult. Is this really okay??

Thanks again -- that wreck really scared us -- we got hit very hard from behind. It totalled our Volvo S60. I still feel like if we'd been in a different car and my older daughter had been in a different car seat (she was in a Britax Roundabout) we wouldn't have walked away.

If she continues to have delays and you want to keep her in an infant seat even longer (my dd is normal but didn't walk until 15 months...the infant seat was invaluable to me!), then the Graco Safeseat 1 lasts most kids to 18-24 months. Here's my (biggish) dd just before she outgrew it http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats/photo#5101172270539604018 and the good part was, I got it on sale for only $99.
Anyway, just tossing that option out there...but yes, by all means, keep using the snugride till her head is an inch from the top of the seatback :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC