Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Thank you!! Quick Follow up Question reference length and bucket seats.

Thanks so much for the great info! I'll happily leave my little one rear-facing. Follow up question on the bucket seat -- the side of my Graco bucket limits the length to 26 inches. I would love to leave her in the bucket for a while longer (till her head reaches to 1 inch below the shell) because her developmental delays make sitting in carts and high chairs difficult. Is this really okay??

Thanks again -- that wreck really scared us -- we got hit very hard from behind. It totalled our Volvo S60. I still feel like if we'd been in a different car and my older daughter had been in a different car seat (she was in a Britax Roundabout) we wouldn't have walked away.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Thank you!! Quick Follow up Question reference length and bucket seats.

Yes, it's really ok.

As long as she's under the weight limit for the seat and her head is at least 1" below the top of the seat shell, she fits.

It's something I wish I would have known about when my dd was still in her infant seat. I took her out when she hit 26", but she was still several inches below the top of the shell..
    ~ Nora ~ CPST ~
    Mom to
    Miss Sidney (4 yrs)

~ In Memory of Aaron ~

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ignora View Post
    Yes, it's really ok.

As long as she's under the weight limit for the seat and her head is at least 1" below the top of the seat shell, she fits.

It's something I wish I would have known about when my dd was still in her infant seat. I took her out when she hit 26", but she was still several inches below the top of the shell..
    I agree completely- even the part about taking my son out at 26" because that was the "limit".

Was the seat that you're asking about involved in the crash? If so, it will need to be replaced. Forgive me if you're already aware of that. I'm not sure what your history is since you're not registered.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks so much for the great info! I'll happily leave my little one rear-facing. Follow up question on the bucket seat -- the side of my Graco bucket limits the length to 26 inches. I would love to leave her in the bucket for a while longer (till her head reaches to 1 inch below the shell) because her developmental delays make sitting in carts and high chairs difficult. Is this really okay??

Thanks again -- that wreck really scared us -- we got hit very hard from behind. It totalled our Volvo S60. I still feel like if we'd been in a different car and my older daughter had been in a different car seat (she was in a Britax Roundabout) we wouldn't have walked away.
    If she continues to have delays and you want to keep her in an infant seat even longer (my dd is normal but didn't walk until 15 months...the infant seat was invaluable to me!), then the Graco Safeseat 1 lasts most kids to 18-24 months. Here's my (biggish) dd just before she outgrew it http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag...72270539604018 and the good part was, I got it on sale for only $99.
    Anyway, just tossing that option out there...but yes, by all means, keep using the snugride till her head is an inch from the top of the seatback
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good