Seat Replacement

flutie128

So, I was in an accident on Wednesday. I hit another car while making a left from my kids school. My bummer is cracked but I am uninjured and the airbags didn't go off. I had a Parkway backless, a Frontier, and a Graco Affix. I was the only one in the car. Which if any would you replace?

ADS

wavegal

Graco requires replacement after any accident so the Affix must be replaced. Britax goes by NHTSA's guidelines for replacement which your accident doesn't SEEM to meet (ie: you were able to drive the seat from the accident, your not injured, door closest to the cr's is not damaged and the seats show no sign of damage)

flutie128

So what are the odds that my insurance will replace the seat? My DH thinks is it fine since it was barely an accident. I have Erie if that matters. I do want to replace it but I don't have $80 sitting around since I have to pay my deductible to fix my car as well.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
So what are the odds that my insurance will replace the seat? My DH thinks is it fine since it was barely an accident. I have Erie if that matters. I do want to replace it but I don't have $80 sitting around since I have to pay my deductible to fix my car as well.

Since you already have to pay the deductible, I would ask them to replace it per the manufacturer's guidelines. I would disclose the fender bender if you ever wanted to sell them, but I would continue to use the Britax seats. If you weren't going to use insurance, I would just replace it with what you could until you could afford another affix.

flutie128

Since you already have to pay the deductible, I would ask them to replace it per the manufacturer's guidelines. I would disclose the fender bender if you ever wanted to sell them, but I would continue to use the Britax seats. If you weren't going to use insurance, I would just replace it with what you could until you could afford another affix.

Ok, I will ask when I have to submit my repair estimate. DH is still all for using the affix but I would really rather replace it. I have no problem using the Britax since it was just a fender bender. If Graco followed the NHTSA guidelines I would use it as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC