Question Need high back booster recommendations

scuby20

Have a 6.5 year old. I want to switch her to a high back booster. She has a tall torso. What is the best, or some of the best hbb's on the market? Thx! :)

ADS

Jan06twinmom

Have a 6.5 year old. I want to switch her to a high back booster. She has a tall torso. What is the best, or some of the best hbb's on the market? Thx! :)

The best seat is one that fits your child, your vehicle and is used properly. How tall and how much does your daughter weigh? What vehicle will she be riding in and does the car have a headrest in that position?

Some of the tall dedicated boosters currently on the market include the Britax Parkway, Recaro Vivo and Diono Monterey. There are pros and cons to each of these seats, but we can give you some suggestions about which one would be most appropriate for your child with some additional information.

scuby20

She is right at 48 lbs i think. Im not sure her height, ill have to measure her when she gets home from school. (Im stationed in germany right now) i know she is in the 92nd percentile, with a long torso. She will be in our 2005 dodge grand caravan. She's in the captains chair middle row now, we'd like to move her to the 3rd row sometimes so adults can get in easier. All spots have remove able head "rests". Im very pro carseats. Both my kids were rf'ing till 3.5 years. My son is 4.5 and very very short lol. So he's staying harnessed for now lol.

E&A0607

We have an 06 caravan. My daughters both have super long torsos also. We have a britax parkway SGL (not the newest one) and a frontier in booster mode in our captains chairs. in the third row we have had luck with the Graco affix. however, both of my children have almost outgrown the back already (and newly 7 and soon to be 6). they are both 48.5" (actually my almost 6 year old is just a tad bit taller). I haven't measured their torsos in several months, but I recall them both being crazy long! for reference my 7 year old wears a size 8 dress and they both wear size 7 or 7/8 tops with size 6x pants because otherwise they are too long :)

spryngtree

I have really liked the Parkway SGL because the anti submarine clip was a good reminder to my son to sit up and not slump down when he first transferred to the booster. It made him feel more secure about the change from harness to booster. He's fussy about comfort and says that this was the most comfortable seat he had.

My older son is also really long in the torso he's almost 9 now and still fits just fine in the Parkway, the one caveat being that when we raised the headrest the last time it stopped fitting in our smaller car (civic). We converted it to a backless at that time and it was his favorite seat until recently when my husband ruined it by leaving it in the garage.

scuby20

Ok do, looking at the parkway, Im liking it. Question though. It uses latch also. But given that the latch system has a weight limit per car, and often arent much, having to use the car seat belt to install reg car seats, are these latched different? Given a booster would hold more weight, why the use of the latch.

Thanks everyone for help!

I don't know how many LATCH spots you have, or how the seat belt geometry is in the 2005, but in our 2008, we got the 2013 Parkway SG to work well in the back. I believe the only difference between the SG and SGL is the latch connectors on the SGL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC