Question Britax Blvd C&S -- not working properly (after cleaning)

jlpoirier

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone has some insight for me. My son has only recently begun to use the bathroom regularly, and he recently had an "accident" in his carseat (a Britax Blvd Click and Safe from 2009). I removed the cover and washed it, let it air dry, and put it back on. The process seemed pretty straightforward, as did the reinstallation of the carseat in the car.

However, the carseat is no longer performing like it had been. The problem is that we absolutely cannot get it to tighten unless we engage the release (meant to be used to loosen, not tighten, the harness).

It is entirely possible that this problem existed before I washed the cover, as the washing coincided with a change in the weather -- which means that my boys hadn't been wearing coats before, and therefore we weren't adjusting the harnesses at all.

My questions are:

1) Is it dangerous for him to be traveling in a carseat which is currently properly installed and adjusted, but which does not seem to tighten properly?

2) Has anyone run across this problem before? Could it be due to the way I put the cover back on?

All input is welcome!

Thanks!

ADS

katymyers

I wouldn't feel comfortable using a seat that was having an issue like that. Call Britax customer service and see what they will do for you. They might have a solution for you or be able to offer some kind of replacement.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC