HUGS chest pad question

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
I'm also curious to see what they'll say. I had a parent call Britax from a clinic and ask if they could take the strap off of the G3 HUGS, and were told no. They did not ask about swapping to other HUGS.

ADS

akl597

Ok, had to e-mail them a second time and finally received a reply. Here's what they said:

"We do have some hugs you can use on your seat without the strap but the ones that come on your seat with the strap should be used with the hugs tether strap."

I asked if they could send me the new HUGS free of charge (given that I paid for the seat and I now view it as unusable). They said no problem, I just need to send in my serial number, date of manufacturer, etc. So good news on that front.

I do still wonder why you can use the seat without the HUGS, but can't use the HUGS without the strap. Seems a little counter-intuitive to me, but maybe they never did the testing to prove the safety. Thanks for the replies everyone!

vancitybubears

One of my G3's chest pads ripped recently and Britax's CS sent me a replacement that doesn't use the tethering straps (the thin black ones behind the pads). The replacements seems to be made from softer rubber and have these wave patterns in the front. Is this anyone else's case?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC