Question 2013 Odyssey in the snow?

MarathonMama

We always have had winter tires on our cars (we live in Canada) but this is our first winter with our Odyssey and we're wondering how it will fare?

Any tips, experiences, etc would be appreciated!

ADS

bnsnyde

Ours is 2011, and we do Chicago Winters.
I think it was OK. Nothing special. When it's slippery I slide though.
I don't have fancy tires or anything.

Our Civic, though, is a joke in snow.

canadiangie

There's a mom at school with I'm guessing a 11/12 model. She has winter tires on as of now and seemed to do ok in the 2 feet of snow along the curbside the other day. She wasn't able to drive right into the snowbank like I was (which is preferable since not doing so has you half into the road) but her tires were in a bit and she plowed her way out with some gas.

Are you able to get winter tires? I know the hassle and expense sucks, but it might be worth it. :)

Nimommyof2

I have a 2010 and have winters. I do a crazy amount of driving though and have had winters on everything. I also am a very good driver and have rarely got stuck in anything and pretty sure what I have got stuck in almost anything would've. I also will downshift etc.. in the city and use my 3/2/1 gears in my Odyssey for going slow down or up giant slippery hills. I still have my all seasons on right now they are okay but nothing wonderful they will slide on ice.

tl01

I've done a bit of research on this... but have no actual experience yet... I've read that it is mediocre in the snow. It is doable as long as you don't have lots of hills to maneuver. We may be moving to an area with lots of hills and lots of snow and people living there said lot of people opt for awd instead but that many make due with winter tires. That said... if it is somewhere that is flat like chicago... I hear it isn't an issue at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC