Contemplating something new...

SnoGurl

I've officially decided I really don't love (or even remotely like!) my EFT65. Getting a tight enough install in my RAV means it's tilting to the side and drives me crazy trying to get Dni into it. It does better in the Sentra, but it still involves curse words during install.

However, I love the no re-thread harness. The seat doesn't get used that often, so it's really nice to be able to fit it to Dni easily each time she rides in it. Unfortunately, when it does get used it is often moved between those two vehicles two or three times a day. In reality, simple install will win out over no-rethread-- if I'm taking it out to reinstall, I can re-thread.

Dni is 29 mos, 22lbs and 33". I'm eyeing up the truefit, and have been for a while-- but also wondering if the sure ride is simple? Or the CA? Is the CA no re-thread?

ETA: I also can not stand the plastic clips to keep the cover on. Probably sounds silly, but trying to get those back on two or three times a day makes me want to rip my hair out. I'd pay a lot of money to not have those (or very little money-- give me the scenera elastics any day!).

Last edited:
ADS

Mary_Ann

I really love my britax and even if it's heavy, it's really easy to install. Bonus, the cover NEVER fall off!

Your niece is rather small, so it might last her a while, depending of her torso height.

SnoGurl

I really love my britax and even if it's heavy, it's really easy to install. Bonus, the cover NEVER fall off!

Your niece is rather small, so it might last her a while, depending of her torso height.

I'm sorely tempted to suck it up and go the britax way. She's definitely longer in the legs (2T pants are only a little bit long on her, 18m too small, however she's a 12-18m in tops), so I think I'd be okay. However, I'd have to find a Really, really good sale to be able to justify it, I would like to be under $200. That being said, my dislike grows by the day, so my budget may also start growing.

Mary_Ann

It's a really good seat, you wouldn't be disappointed! I know the marathon goes on sale quite often and I think you can have a good deal at shop.ca. There was a thread about it a couple days ago.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
After shop.ca/ebates.ca/PayPal deal, I got my Roundabout for $134 all inclusive. I quite like it. The Marathon will be probably $40-$45 more in the end.

Assuming you haven't used the shop.ca $25 and PayPal $25 prior.

SnoGurl

What about a Graco Myride. I really like that seat!

It can be found frequently for $160ish on Amazon.ca.

I like the MR, and Dni rides in one in her mom's vehicle. I picked it up at sears when they were clearing out covers for $130. Now I kind of wish I had got 2! The only thing that's stopping me on the MR is that I'd really like to try before I buy so I can test out whether it'll tip or not, and not sure where I can do that. Will have to check around.

ETA: just remembered i'd taken the MR off the list because she can open the chest clip. Although she does take kinder surprise 'positive reinforcements', so maybe not such a big deal.

Last edited:

SnoGurl

After shop.ca/ebates.ca/PayPal deal, I got my Roundabout for $134 all inclusive. I quite like it. The Marathon will be probably $40-$45 more in the end.

Assuming you haven't used the shop.ca $25 and PayPal $25 prior.

(sorry, not sure how to multi quote on mobile!).

Hmm, I could definitely swing a RA or MA that way. I'd like to try it first in my car though, so maybe i'll see if I can make a BRU trip on Monday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC