What's new in the booster world?

mamakc

I am planning on getting new boosters in the next several months or so. I haven't hung around here in a while so I was hoping you all could clue me in on what's what these days? What's your favorite booster?

DS (5) is close to outgrowing the radian, so I've been booster-training off and on, while DD (7) is getting too leggy for her Cybex booster. I thought about passing the cybex to DS and going backless for DD, but 1) I want cup holders and 2) we have no side airbags and backless makes me uncomfortable as a permanent seat for her and most importantly 3) I super duper badly want them to match. :eek:

ADS

Lenae

The new PerformanceBooster from Recaro is my booster dreams answered. It doesn't become a backless though, and it doesn't adjust crazy tall, either. But it's got a nice deep seat, cup holders, LATCH, super awesome wings, and a comfortable, cushy seat.

The new 2013 Parkways are really nice, too. I think they adjust taller than the Recaro, and they become backless. Cup holders, LATCH, nice wings, cushy seat, and a fairly deep seat for long legged kids.

Some people are looking forward to the new Maxi Cosi booster, but it doesn't super impress me (but I don't need the capabilities of an arm rest-less seat).

aeormsby

The new PerformanceBooster from Recaro is my booster dreams answered. It doesn't become a backless though, and it doesn't adjust crazy tall, either. But it's got a nice deep seat, cup holders, LATCH, super awesome wings, and a comfortable, cushy seat.

The new 2013 Parkways are really nice, too. I think they adjust taller than the Recaro, and they become backless. Cup holders, LATCH, nice wings, cushy seat, and a fairly deep seat for long legged kids.

Some people are looking forward to the new Maxi Cosi booster, but it doesn't super impress me (but I don't need the capabilities of an arm rest-less seat).

:yeahthat:

I've been looking recently since DS is turning 6 in a couple of weeks. I just ordered the Graco Affix (latchable Graco HBB) and I'm trying to decide if I want to try the Recaro Performance Booster also - we love our Vivo and having one that would fit that well plus latching and cup holders it might be a winner for my not super tall kiddo in our vehicle with low headrests.

ohiomommy08

If I remember correctly you're in north Denver? Im near 136th/i25 and have a performance booster if you want to check it out. Let me know!

mamakc

So Recaro and Parkway are the ones to pick? Do they both tend to fit differently shaped kids well? Like if one kid is 'short and stout' while the other is tall & lanky, will it fit them both well? I have always loved the look of the recaro boosters, but never had them available locally to try.

Lenae

So Recaro and Parkway are the ones to pick? Do they both tend to fit differently shaped kids well? Like if one kid is 'short and stout' while the other is tall & lanky, will it fit them both well? I have always loved the look of the recaro boosters, but never had them available locally to try.

If I were booster shopping, those are the two I'd look at. I don't have a Performance Booster yet, but from what I've seen, it's got a really deep seat. So if you've got short legged small booster riders, it might be too deep. I like the SG on the Parkway, but for Colton at least, it's totally pointless. The kid sits like a statue in his seat, always has, even while sleeping. I do have the ProBooster, and I think the belt fit is similar on the Performance Booster, and I prefer the belt fit in the ProBooster over the SGL. I'm saving money right now to buy a Performance Booster, and if I love it as much as I think I will, I will be selling our SGL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC