Question Just got the okay !

lady_b

I get two brand new car seats! Currently I have 2 evenflo symphony, rf and ff. I'm looking to buy

Britax frontier 90 for my 5 year old to ff. she is 42" and 41lbs

And

Diono radian RXT for my 21 month old to rf. he is 33" and 26 lbs

My question :: do either of these car seats ever go on sale during Black Friday? If the odds are slim I'll just order them today.

ADS

1mommy

Odds are pretty slim, but you never know, since black Friday isn't that far away keep your eyes out for a good deal and you might find one :)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Not sure how long you intend to harness your dd, but do be sure to check the booster fit on her in the Frontier before buying. If it's not good, be aware that you won't want to use it as a booster when you're done with the harness. :)

KALP4983

Not sure how long you intend to harness your dd, but do be sure to check the booster fit on her in the Frontier before buying. If it's not good, be aware that you won't want to use it as a booster when you're done with the harness. :)

Why is that?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
It will depend a lot on how big your child is when they start using it as a booster, and also on your vehicle. Plus, you can get a Secure Guard clip from Britax if you buy one and are not getting a good fit. Not only should it improve the fit, but it's also something that should help in a crash by keeping the lap belt down. If you buy a few months from now, there will be a small change to improve the lap belt fit for those who find it less than ideal.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontier-Booster-Seat-Onyx/dp/B00BEVF1W6/"]Amazon.com: Britax Frontier 90 Booster Car Seat, Onyx: Baby[/ame]

Athena

Funny, I thought I had to "check fit" on all boosters. :p Thank you for this link. Very informative.

It will depend a lot on how big your child is when they start using it as a booster, and also on your vehicle. Plus, you can get a Secure Guard clip from Britax if you buy one and are not getting a good fit. Not only should it improve the fit, but it's also something that should help in a crash by keeping the lap belt down. If you buy a few months from now, there will be a small change to improve the lap belt fit for those who find it less than ideal.

Amazon.com: Britax Frontier 90 Booster Car Seat, Onyx: Baby

They're just changing the lap belt, right? The shoulder belt guide is staying the same? Are they sending the SG clip for free? We aren't using it as a booster now, but I should get one now if they're currently free instead of paying $20 later.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Funny, I thought I had to "check fit" on all boosters. :p Thank you for this link. Very informative.

They're just changing the lap belt, right? The shoulder belt guide is staying the same? Are they sending the SG clip for free? We aren't using it as a booster now, but I should get one now if they're currently free instead of paying $20 later.

Sorry for the late reply. My understanding is that it is an update for the lap belt only. You would have to contact Britax to inquire about if you can be sent a free SG Clip. I haven't seen an official policy so maybe it is at the discretion of the customer service agent, I can't say for sure. Also not sure if there would be a time limitation do also a good thing to ask them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC