How soon is to soon?

kirst

Im 20 weeks and see that the chicco keyfit and liteway plus are on sale for 20% off. Do these go on sale frequently....at least enough to have another sale for my march baby? Also is 20% off a good sale for them or should I want for a better one since I have time? Would u buy one this early?

ADS

katymyers

I'd buy an infant seat that early since it's use is limited anyway. It would potentially limit its use for future babies but if that isn't a concern go for it! Chicco rarely seems to go on sale so if it were me I'd jump on it.

jordansmom

Im 20 weeks and see that the chicco keyfit and liteway plus are on sale for 20% off. Do these go on sale frequently....at least enough to have another sale for my march baby? Also is 20% off a good sale for them or should I want for a better one since I have time? Would u buy one this early?

I'm to sure how often they go on sale, but what would weigh into my decision wold probably be how long I intend on using the seat and if I will pass it down to future children. If you buy now and the seat was manufactured early in this year, you would be close to losing a year of life on it. I'm to positive on the expiration of Keyfits, but say that left you with 5 years on it...you use with this baby for a year, then in a couple years have another baby...will it have enough time left on it before expiring to get you through another baby?

This could all be moot if there wont be any more babies, in which case I wouldn't hesitate to buy now if I found a great price.

kirst

True..we plan on one more but havnt really said when. Maybe I should just get the stroller on sale now and hope to find a sale closer to march for the car seat.

Ali

I would get it now for 20% off. You won't likely find it on sale again. Chicco does not have sales often.

Cnidaria

As long as you like the colors of Keyfit at Babies R Us I would wait, because it's easy to get 20% off coupons for BRU.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Congratulations! I bought my car seat around this time last year for my March 2013 baby! Wish we'd gotten it on sale, but we weren't even thinking -- we just got it because we were excited. No regrets. It was nice to have the car seat early ion. It made us feel ready.

I don't think it's too early at all.

Good luck!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Did you try pushing the Liteway plus? It's not the smoothest-turning stroller, I even had a mom with wrist problems return it because it hurt too much to navigate it. The Neuvo stroller, that comes in the Techna pattern only, I think, is a much nicer push.
Anyway, if you like the Liteway, that's all good, I just can't seem to get used to it after pushing turn-on-a-dime strollers like the city mini or a maclaren. Even the liteway isn't bad, I think they had to beef up the wheels for the extra weight of the infant seat so that changed something about the push.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC