Made the switch to a booster.....Recaro performance booster pics

bethng

Ok, Avery is 8.5 years old. 55+ pounds. Not sure how tall but always been 50% on the growth chart. We had more room in the frontier 85. Probably enough to make it through the school year. But he has been asking to use a booster once in a while. Not demanding.....but mentioning it occasionally. So I have been looking for about a year for a dedicated booster that has everything I want. Finally decided on the new recaro booster. RED of course. The most important feature according to Avery.....that and cup holders! lol. So here he is. Picture makes things look a little different then real life but he fits very well! Even fell asleep on the way home! I miss my FR 85 though. My last child to leave the harnessed seat. I guess I will have to buy expensive purses instead!

Attachments

• image-874963576.jpg
    image-874963576.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 165
  • image-2538555526.jpg
    image-2538555526.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 184
ADS

bethng

So far not tippy. But never tried the one that was! I have an 05 Camry. So far so good!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Wow that looks great, and the seat doesn't look huge! Is the new recaro booster not tippy?

We've been using ours for about seven weeks with no tipping whatsoever. And DD1 isn't exactly delicate when she gets in and out. ;)

Athena

Ok, Avery is 8.5 years old. 55+ pounds. Not sure how tall but always been 50% on the growth chart. We had more room in the frontier 85. Probably enough to make it through the school year.

Nice! How does the growing room compare to the FR85 harness? I like the look of this seat a lot and part of me likes the idea of a dedicated booster (although DD loves her cowmoo, so I should just go with that, right :eek:), but I wonder if it would be worth buying one for my 7yo who has almost outgrown her 85 harness. It seems like she wouldn't last long before she'd outgrown this by height too.

bethng

Nice! How does the growing room compare to the FR85 harness? I like the look of this seat a lot and part of me likes the idea of a dedicated booster (although DD loves her cowmoo, so I should just go with that, right :eek:), but I wonder if it would be worth buying one for my 7yo who has almost outgrown her 85 harness. It seems like she wouldn't last long before she'd outgrown this by height too.

Not sure what your question is. Avery has about an inch of harness height left in the FR 85. Maybe. I have not taken the screw out of the FR to extend the back to compare height to the recaro. But when I extended the back all the way up on the recaro he had enough room above him to keep him in that booster for years.

I really wanted a dedicated booster. I also wanted it to be able to LATCH, have cup holders and be red. Lol.

Can take pics of anything you would like to see.

Athena

Not sure what your question is. Avery has about an inch of harness height left in the FR 85. Maybe. I have not taken the screw out of the FR to extend the back to compare height to the recaro. But when I extended the back all the way up on the recaro he had enough room above him to keep him in that booster for years.

I really wanted a dedicated booster. I also wanted it to be able to LATCH, have cup holders and be red. Lol.

Can take pics of anything you would like to see.

My question was how much growing room he has in the 85 harness compared to the new booster, so I'd know how they compare in terms of growth and how much growing room a kid who has outgrown the 85 harness would have. :) Thanks!!! It sounds like she'd still have a good amount of growing room.

I was wondering how the latch connectors are. I read they aren't adjustable. How much movement is there when connected? My fear is the seat will still slide around if the connectors are loose, especially since my kids usually grab on to their seats to climb into my SUV. It drives my daughter nuts when her booster, which doesn't have latch, moves out of position while trying to buckle. Thanks for the pictures. It looks really nice!

bnsnyde

Neat! I can't wait to get one. The deep sides put other boosters to shame. I like the SIP. We are using the Prosport booster mode...so I guess we'll wait a bit.

ohiomommy08

I thought I'd show a few pics of my Performance Booster. My DD is 5 1/2, 37lbs, 41 inches. Her legs aren't quite long enough so we're waiting a bit longer before we use it, but she'll be able to use it forever!!

I also took a few pics of the latch connectors. They really are just to prevent a projectile. They are quite loose and not adjustable. However the seat is so wide and solid (but light to carry) that it really doesn't seem to move (at least in the captains seat in my '05 Town & Country). I don't know if that helps or not:).

Last edited:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Right, the LATCH connectors are not adjustable at all. There's a fair amount of slack, depending on how buried your latch anchors are, but I asked DD about it this evening. She said it really isn't wiggly unless she leans hard on it when she gets in or out. We've been using it daily (at least two trips a day) for about two months, so she has a good sense of the seat by now. :)

Thanks for the pictures. I have leather seats and my Monterey slides when I don't have it latched in. Might be a booster I will have to try before buying. Amazing how long the latch belt is. Still looks like a nice booster.

Athena

I thought I'd show a few pics of my Performance Booster. My DD is 5 1/2, 37lbs, 41 inches. Her legs aren't quite long enough so we're waiting a bit longer before we use it, but she'll be able to use it forever!!

I also took a few pics of the latch connectors. They really are just to prevent a projectile. They are quite loose and not adjustable. However the seat is so wide and solid (but light to carry) that it really doesn't seem to move (at least in the captains seat in my '05 Town & Country). I don't know if that helps or not:).

Pretty color and cute kid! What's the feel of the fabric? Do they all feel the same?

ohiomommy08

Thanks!! I love the seat!

Ill try to describe the fabrics.

Pink is pretty soft, not quite like Britax soft, but close.

Gray is almost like a kite fabric? Wind breaker?

Most of the black is kind of a canvas feel. It reminds me a lot of the safe seat 1 Taylor had as a baby. (Black and red seat).

The black on the seat back middle (around the pink) is mesh.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC