Favorite car seat safe coat?

kdkm

What is your favorite car sear safe coat for a preschooler?

My sister is looking for one for my niece who will need a 4T. It will have to be warm enough to play outside in the cold/snow and still work safely in the car seat. Price doesn't matter.

Thanks!

ADS

koda&phiasmama

The north face moondoggy and Patagonia puffball frequently recommended here and this year gap has a primaloft jacket that some members have tried out myself included and so far we love it !

mommabritt

I prefer to layer. I like a heavy weight fleece like the north face or Columbia, then a windbreaker, puffer vest or insulated windbreaker to pull over if needed.

LKuepfer

Okay I just asked this question in the baby car coat thread before I saw this thread. But my question fits better here so I'll ask it again...

Something I'm wondering is you see a lot of hoodies that have a fake fur look. Are they as warm as regular fleece? They don't feel thicker than fleece maybe a touch thinner? The label of the one from GAP(Canada) that I'm thinking of says its made from 100% polyester. I bought two for my girls ages 2 & 5 for a dressier coat (I have MEC ones for regular use) but if there is a big difference in warmth from fleece than I will return them. Does any one know what I mean?

mping

We have a Patagonia down sweater that works great. And I saw a kid on the playground today in an LLBean thin (down?) jacket today. I thought it would be stalkerish if I asked to see his tag :)
But I was dying to!

kirst

We have the gap coat and love it. I think they run a little small. My 2 yr old dd wears a 5t in shirts and the 5t coat fits but doesnt really have any growimg room so it will def only be good for this yr. We tried on the smallest size in girls and would have got that if it wasnt cut shorter than the toddler sizes.

bubbaray

None of these down options work well for people who love in rainy climates.

We have had good luck with the LE Squall parkas, unzipped in the car. They are warm enough for Vancouver/Seattle climate and relatively waterproof

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC