Which Convertible Recaro for twins?

U

Unregistered

Hello!

I am thinking about buying the new conv. recaro seat for my twin girls. One is only 18lbs and the other twin is 19lbs. They will be one OCT 5th. Which seat is best? I was thinking about buying the Young Sport but just read that it is forward facing only?!

I can only find research on Britax?? Are they better?

We have a A4 Avent Wagon - When do you change to forward facing? We are still in the graco snugride infant carriers.

THANK you for your help!

Leslie

ADS

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
No Young Sport--it only forward faces.

Keep your girls rearfacing for as long as the seat allows. This varies by seat, but the Recaro convertibles (Como and Signo) allow this until 35 pounds. The current Britax convertibles allow rearfacing until 33 pounds.

The best carseat is one that fits your car, one tht you can install securely, and that you will use correctly every time.

The Recaros are new, so it's hard to say too much about them. The Como seems to be well-liked, particularly for little ones like your girls. The Signo isn't quite out yet, so we have to wait a bit to hear how they are.

The Britax seats (Marathon, Decathlon, and Boulevard) are generally very well-liked.

The Britax and Recaro seats have high weight limits and this is an important feature to look for in a seat.

If there is a baby store near you that carries these seat, maybe you could try them out in your car to see which fit best.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC