BOB Revolution SE?

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
My sister wants to get a jogger for BIL (serious runner). He likes the BOB Revolution SE based on having pushed one a few feet inside a store. ;)

I assume he'll be training for a marathon again next year. Is this a good choice for him? And if so, is [ame="http://www.amazon.com/BOB-Revolution-Single-Stroller-Black/dp/B004DC9TAS/"]Amazon the cheapest place[/ame] to get it? If not, what other strollers should we be looking at for him?

ADS

BananaBoat

In a word, yes. DH trained for at least 6 marathons & countless half marathons/triathlons/30k races with our BOB Revolution. All the serious runners we know use the BOB Revolution.

jwilliams

If the stroller is only going to be used for running, I would recommend one with a larger, fixed front wheel like the BOB Ironman. They are (in my opinion) so much nicer to push while running.

Aurezalia

The serious runners I know shelled out for a chariot. That is really ONLY for running though, it can't double as an everyday stroller like a BOB could.

T4K

If the stroller is only going to be used for running, I would recommend one with a larger, fixed front wheel like the BOB Ironman. They are (in my opinion) so much nicer to push while running.

I agree with this. We have a BJ FIT and like it.

BananaBoat

I get the fixed wheel in theory, but no one I know IRL uses it only for running. DH does fix the wheel for runs, but I also use it for walks & curse it if its left in fixed mode. The couple people I know who got the fixed wheel BOB returned it for the Revolution...millionaire Ironwoman included.

MommaMia

I have a bob revolution single and a revolution duallie. I'm training for my 3rd half marathon...

I love my bob strollers. I usually fix the front wheel of my single, but I rarely fix the front wheel of the duallie. The roads and trails have too many turns...

I've never run with the chariot, nor do I know anyone who has one.

In my opinion, the bob is worth every penny (and I've bought two...)

jwilliams

More than the swivel feature itself, I can't imagine having a front wheel that's 12"-12.5", which is what all of the Revolution-style joggers seem to have. I see people doing it all the time, so obviously it's not impossible... but it's so much easier with a 16" wheel.

I only use my double jogger for walking and running outside, on a fairly straight paved path.

Anyway, I would encourage your BIL to try out a fixed wheel and a swivel at a full run outside, with weight in the stroller.

bubbaray

I had a Chariot with a fixed wheel. It was great for running. I also had a BOB (2 actually but that's a different story) Revolution. I much preferred running (road and trail) with the Chariot.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I don't understand the fixed-wheel hate that so many people have. I "drove" a Dreamer Design double jogger with nice, big, fixed wheels for a couple of years. When I sold that, I bought an Emmaljunga fixed-wheel pram-style stroller. The ease of pushing outweighs the "difficulty" steering by far.

But, this one's not my stroller. ;)

rnmom926

We have a chariot cougar. It is an awesome stroller. You can get a jogging wheel attachment that is a fixed front wheel but it also come with 2 small swivel stroller wheels. We love ours and even have the bike attachment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC