I'm just not finding any Coccoro love!

cookie123

I don't like the install, latch or seatbelt. I can't get no movement which I prefer. Hmm. That's a bad sentence! Plus it's a struggle to get him in and out. What gives? I've only used the thing 3 times because of it and have been just using the Keyfit baseless. He's getting close to outgrowing it though.

I actually have found it hard to get a great install with other seats in my Prius with leather seats. The leather is slippery. I haven't tried center and there is a bit of a hump.

Any suggestions?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Nope. I could never get my CCO to behave the way I wanted it to. As soon as it was no longer essential to my setup, I sold it.

Sorry I'm not more help :/

daniele_ut

Have you tried the Euro routing with the seatbelt? It works much better for me in dh's Subaru than LATCH.

As for the difficulty getting him in and out, I can't help you with that! It seems like it was much easier when I used the Cocorro with DD but with DS2 I practically have to fold him in half to get him in there these days. I need it to get 3 across in dh's car right now, but thankfully I don't need it often!

cookie123

It's not actually putting him in. It's more getting him in and out of the harness. Maybe he's too fat! It seems there's no wiggle room width wise, I guess. I don't know.

Yes, I did try the Euro routing. It did not improve things significantly.

rachelandtyke

I had a CCO. It was adorable. It was light and small for the airplane. I could never feel the love for daily use, so I sold it. I love my KF!

D&L's-mommy

I use a cco for my 11month old niece, I need 3 across, I don't know what I'll do when she outgrows it (other than buy a pricey radian) the only way I can get an acceptable install is with the euro routing, and it still moves side to side about 1/4" ( I like no movement too), I have it installed center on the humped seat of my cruze. it works outboard too, but puzzling just works best having it center. I don't like the huge buckle, or that it puzzles. I do have to loosen the straps significantly when I put her in and take her out, then tighten. It's a pain, but it works for my 3 across. If I didn't need such a tight set up, I would find a different seat (it's not worth the investment unless it's your only option imo). I like it because it makes 3 across workable, but don't love it

Mags462

Nope. I could never get my CCO to behave the way I wanted it to. As soon as it was no longer essential to my setup, I sold it.

Sorry I'm not more help :/

I had a CCO. It was adorable. It was light and small for the airplane. I could never feel the love for daily use, so I sold it. I love my KF!

Yep... my thoughts are the same. I bought it because i totally LOVE the cool mint cover.... it was so adorable, and it lasted maybe a month, 6 weeks max before it was on its way out the door. I just could not find the love at all :eek:

Aurezalia

Yeah, I posted pretty much the same thread a couple of years ago. I could NOT get a proper install (or worse, I would get an acceptable install and then it would slip after I put the toddler in it :eek:), I hated the puzzle buckle, etc. I lasted something like 2-3 months before I sold it to someone it hopefully worked better for. No CCO love here either!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I love it and rarely have encountered cars it's difficult in (Karen had one of them, but the easy installs far, far outnumber difficult.) I am loaning mine for a few years to a car-less friend, but am looking forward to getting it back when they're done!

thekatie

Oh no! I just came to post a lament about how I want to cry because J2 is outgrowing his CCO rear facing. I don't really like the LATCH install in any of the vehicles I've tried it in, but I love the Euro routing with the seatbelt so much that I wish all my seats could use it :)

I feel you on the odd leather though. My car has leather and its like the perfect carseat car - our seats just install great in it. But my mom's (which is basically just the hybrid newer version of mine) is horrible! I loathe installing anything in her car :(

scoutingbear

Mine was only difficult in center positions. The Highlander was the worst! Two people, locking clip, and barely acceptable install!

I was able to install in a variety of vehicles, better for me with LATCH than seatbelt, although Judi rocked the install for me with Euro routing in my friend's Dodge at a random roadside stop in the middle of nowhere as we passed each other on the highway. :)

And then, the CCO has been the ONLY seat I could get a rock solid install in with the seatbelt in the center seat of dh's Murano when it was FF. It has happened with no other seat. Sadly, she has outgrown the seat FF and RF. :(

cookie123

I just LOVE the Cherry Pie! I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe dd could use it in one of her cars for awhile. Does anyone know if it fits in the 2004 Sienna or the 2009 Routan?

Keeanh

I don't love it. I would sell it, except that I might need it for 3-across in the Express. It's incompatible with belts that are FOTB. For the most part, I only use it in middle lap belts.

I did like it RF in the front passenger seat of our old car. It was low and small enough to not block the side mirror. But the car is gone now :( No more front seat babies :(.

Mags462

I just LOVE the Cherry Pie! I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe dd could use it in one of her cars for awhile. Does anyone know if it fits in the 2004 Sienna or the 2009 Routan?

I have a 2005 Sienna so same generation and i could get a decent install in the captains chair. Not rock solid, but certainly passable. That was with latch. I never bothered installing 3rd row......

cookie123

Is the 2005 the new body style? If not, then that would be good as Griffin's spot is a captains chair in the Sienna.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
2004-2010 model year Siennas are the previous generation/version. The redesigned/current generation Sienna started with the 2011 model.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My Dad has an 02 or so... It has a bench second row though. LATCH second row outboard, lap only belt center third. So that probably won't help you, or I'd offer to try it. (I doubt Euro routing would work in the second row of his car though because my Aton is shorter, and I didn't have enough belt for Euro routing with it there!)

cookie123

My Dad has an 02 or so... It has a bench second row though. LATCH second row outboard, lap only belt center third. So that probably won't help you, or I'd offer to try it. (I doubt Euro routing would work in the second row of his car though because my Aton is shorter, and I didn't have enough belt for Euro routing with it there!)

I'm not sure if there is a lap/ shoulder in the 3rd row center or not. Actually I think Griffin is riding in one of the captains chairs. It's been a long time since I have been in it. Hopefully I can find somewhere to use it. I'm going to try center in my Prius next time. Do you know if latch could be used off hand? I don't have a newer manual.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC