Question Foonf RF Installation - Getting it tightened

karskar

Hi Car Seat Experts! What would I do without this site...

I am installing a rear-facing Foonf (2012) for a 16 month old. I have two questions:

1) Even with my husband and I using combined force, the seat still seems to move around a lot if I push on it from the headrest. We are using the rebound bar. My Marathon didn't move at all, but it had a rear-facing tether. What am I doing wrong? It can't be this hard.

2) I saw on the carseat blog that they took the rebound bar off and sat the seat upright (still RF) for children over a year. Is this advisable? Does it decrease safety? Maybe my difficult daughter would prefer it more upright but I don't want to decrease safety.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I can't seem to reach anyone at Clek today.

Karlie

ADS

Mary_Ann

Hi! When checking for tightness, you only look for movement at the belt path (where the feet of the child go), not at the top of the seat. A rear facing convertible is meant to move front to back (rebound) in a crash. If your seat moves less than 1" at the belt path, it's tight.

I don't think you can remove the anti rebound bar. It must be stated somewhere in your manual.

Hope this helps!

karskar

Thanks for the info! I guess we are securely installed then. That top movement makes me nervous because my Marathon wouldn't budge, but I guess if that is not considered a safety issue then we are good to go. Sadly, she screams every time she sees the Marathon so I had to try something else.

Here is where I got the info on the rebound bar:
http://carseatblog.com/16908/clek-foonf-the-video/

I'm going to call Clek on Monday for clarification since this was a video on the prototype. For now we have the rebound bar on there. I like it as a safety feature.

Now I pray that this new seat will resolve our daily tantrums in the car! Thanks again!

Mary_Ann

You're welcome! I hope she will like her new seat. Maybe you can send a message to the clek rep at Clek CPST. She's often on the forum so she might also answer here.

karskar

That's great to know! So far I just like the way it looks in my car :) Wish they were all as easy to install as my son's Britax Frontier 90. Love that thing.

Thank you again for your reply. This forum is so helpful!

Persimmon

2) I saw on the carseat blog that they took the rebound bar off and sat the seat upright (still RF) for children over a year. Is this advisable? Does it decrease safety? Maybe my difficult daughter would prefer it more upright but I don't want to decrease safety.

From the Clek website:

Can the seat be installed Rear-Facing without the Base or the Anti-Rebound Bar?

Updated: 02/13/13
Models: FO12U1 (Foonf)

For Rear-Facing installation, Foonf MUST be positioned in recline position 2 or 3 with both the Rear-Facing base and the Anti-Rebound Bar.

http://www.clekinc.com/support/documents/clekus000057/

ebp913

From the Clek website:

Can the seat be installed Rear-Facing without the Base or the Anti-Rebound Bar?

Updated: 02/13/13
Models: FO12U1 (Foonf)

For Rear-Facing installation, Foonf MUST be positioned in recline position 2 or 3 with both the Rear-Facing base and the Anti-Rebound Bar.

http://www.clekinc.com/support/documents/clekus000057/

Interesting. I thought I had read somewhere that the Anti rebound bar was optional. Good to know!

Clek CPST

I just wanted to comment as well that the anti-rebound bar is required for all rf'ing installations.

We have a video manual with instructions for installing the Foonf that you're welcome to refer to if you would like to double check your installation, it can be found at: http://clekinc.com/apps/foonf-manual/ for families in the US. (In Canada it is .ca instead of .com)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC