Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    MrsMike

Question Slot positions on a FPSVD

I just received my new Fisher Price Safety Voyager deluxe seat. The instructions say that a rear-facing child, which is how my son would sit, should have the harness straps at or below shoulder level. His shoulders come right between two slots and I'm not sure if I should use the lower slot or the upper slot. I haven't tried him with the lower slots but it seems like it would be uncomfortable. FWIW, I use cloth diapers so the thickness of his tush varies from diaper to diaper. I'm sorry if this question doesn't make sense - I think I confused myself, lol. If ya need pics, let me know.
    Oh, he's 14 months old, 16 lbs (yes, he's small) and 27.5 inches.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Slot positions on a FPSVD

I'm no expert, so read with caution...

you want them at the lower placement otherwise he's going to ride up the seat too much in an accident. At least thats my guess...
    Elizabeth, mommy to two boys and two girls in two Britax regents and two Britax Marathons!

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: Slot positions on a FPSVD

Quote Originally Posted by Zabs View Post
    I'm no expert, so read with caution...

you want them at the lower placement otherwise he's going to ride up the seat too much in an accident. At least thats my guess...
    yup, the harness should be at or below his shoulders when rf. You don't move the harness up until his shoulders are even with the next slots (at). Use the lower ones if he's between two slots (below).