Britax - pronunciation change

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Britax rep for Canada/northern US told me yesterday that Britax -- commonly pronounced BREYE-tax is reverting to its roots and will now be referred to as BRIT-ax, as in British.

That was fun as I was in the middle of teaching and explaining RF tethering on BREYE-tax oops I mean BRIT-ax seats. :D

ADS

Keeyamah

Yay! Now I'm saying it right :). I just could not wrap my head around BREYE-tax, it just didn't make sense it my head. Luckily I never really talked to a lot of people in real life, so it was all in my head.

T4K

It does seem bizarre. This isn't like April Fools: Halloween Edition, is it?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
And I always thought it was supposed to be short i but that whatever state they were headquartered in for the USA had an accent that gave it the long i sound. :D

Keeanh

Well I for one am pleased. Since joining this board, I've tried to learn to say "BrEYE-tax", but it's always been Brit-ax in my head anyways.

katymyers

Ok so on the European Britax YouTube videos it is pronounced Brit-ax not Br-eye-tax. I think we may have been wrong all along.

HEVY

Initially I said Brit-tax, then you guys told me it was BrEYE-tax, now it's back to Brit-tax :doh:

But is it Brit-ax or Brit-tax, either way it doesn't roll on my tongue, never did, would rather BrEYE-tax.

How do you change names like that? It's like "Yeah, my name is Lisa and I know you have been calling me that forever, but now you can call me Lissa."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC