Question Foonf vs Marathon RF (please help desperate mom)

karskar

Hello!

I have a Britax Marathon from 2010 that I am using RF for my 16 month old daughter. She is miserable! Getting her in is a huge physical and emotional battle and its exhausting and heartbreaking. I do anything I can not to drive places but with Chicago winter coming that is going to be very hard. I'm intent on keeping her RF until at least two - struggle or no struggle. I have read that some folks have had success with displeased toddlers by switching them to a Foonf. Maybe extra space, maybe they can see out the window? I'm willing to throw money at this problem if it might help and I know nothing is guaranteed, but I wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience with this OR if the experts can tell me the real differences between a Marathon RF vs Foonf RF. Is the seat that much bigger? Can they see out the window? Does this make the experience more enjoyable for some kids? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! Karlie

ADS

Dorothy

Hi. :) I'm sorry you are having difficulties. It can be so frustrating! While a new seat might not help, your LO may better tolerate a seat that feels a bit more open. Britax seats are well-loved by many for their deep sides, but perhaps she feels very confined. Also, a seat with more leg room can be helpful as kids grow. The Foonf is a bit more open than the Britax you currently have and had more leg room. (One of the main drawbacks of the Britax seats is their limited leg room.) And, just to throw another option out, the Diono convertible carseats are very low-profile and have great leg room. HTH!

Posted using the app. :)

Hazelandlucy

I have had great success with my DD's happiness in the Foonf. I didn't get it for that reason and thought she just fussed when contained in general, but she is totally content now. We have a Britax Advocate as well and it feels more like the infant seat in terms of being sloped/reclined and bucket shaped. I have to push her back into the seat and she is less content. The Foonf is open, upright and has lots of legroom and she can see out the back window easily. So I would say to try it!

karskar

Thanks so much for your replies! I have the Foonf sitting here in the box and wanted to get some feedback before opening it and committing to the investment. I promise to follow up with progress - maybe I can help some other parents experiencing the same thing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC