Thumbs up for Southwest re:extended rear-facing

keri1292

Mitchell turns three next month and not one flight attendant gave him a second glance rear-facing on their flight. One flight attendant helped me carry the beast off the plane dubbing it "the heaviest car seat in the WORLD!" She also helped me install it. She was awesome. In fact, everything about our Southwest flights were amazing. Snacks, song and dance, stand up comedy...lol! Great trip!

However, I did have a terrible time uninstalling it on one plane and would definitely ask for a belt extender next time. On the short FFing flights, he didn't complain about the buckle being in the center of his back, but I would think it would be uncomfortable on a long flight. Not sure you could work around that with an extender.

It was also easy to transport on my City Mini GT with the belly bar. And the kid could still use the stroller. ;)

ADS

Dillipop

I've always had good luck with Southwest. Even when they've questioned me about rearfacing, a quick reply of this is how she rides in the car has been enough to stop any further questions.

I was asked once about the radian ffing when my oldest was 4ish? Since I brought it on folded and unfolded it in the seat, the flight attendant told me she didn't think I could use it on the plane. Quick show of the stickers was all it took. She'd never seen a folding carseat before- which would make sense since at the time it hadn't been out a year yet.

keri1292

The cover easily comes off at the belt path to expose the buckle.

We're not talking about ease of unbuckling. We were just hoping it would get the buckle out of the middle of their back. Or are you saying you can adjust it easier and maybe remedy that when looking at the belt path?

T4K

We're not talking about ease of unbuckling. We were just hoping it would get the buckle out of the middle of their back. Or are you saying you can adjust it easier and maybe remedy that when looking at the belt path?

Oooooohhhh. Ok. Yeah, I stuck a blanket behind her.

keri1292

I didn't have anything to pad it with so I just figured I could flip him rear-facing if he complained. We FF'd on the hour and a half flights to keep him awake for the long ones. He loved using the lap tray. Such a perfect fit with the RXT. :)

Dillipop

I've flown cross country with the radian ffing and my kids never had a problem with the buckle being behind them. The plastic guard on the back of the cover seems to protect them pretty well from the plane buckle. A buckle extender will still leave a buckle behind their back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC