Graco Size4me vs Britax Frontier/Marathon vs Nextfit

rabzee

I went to babies r us today. I am down to these three car seat for my FF daughter. I love the nextfit but have read here that its hard on the shoulder strap. Now Graco size4me looks good but has less padding at the bottom(feels to me ) . Britax is good but it is expensive and was not really recommended to me over here as i got it does not goes into booster. But I like the padding , its looks comfy but yeah it is way more in price than Graco. please help me.

Height:36 inches

Weight: 30 lbs

FF

ADS

seb3244

That is one tiny little lady you have! To be honest i would keep her rear facing since she is only 30lbs.

Of all the seats you have listed I have heard the same about the size4me not having much cushion for the seat.

Have you looked at the graco nautilus? It is a great seat I just bought my 2 for my ff nieces. They love it and are age 3.75 & 6. It also goes into a booster which is nice. The almost 4 yr old niece says this seat is comf-tee :)

nmb

If she won't rear-face, you're wasting half of your money by buying a convertible (Size4Me, Marathon, etc). Better to get a combination harness-to-booster seat. (they'll last longer harnessed than the convertibles too, even if you want to get a dedicated booster later).
Look at Graco Nautilus, Evenflo Maestro, Britax Frontier/Pioneer/Pinnacle.
For a 30 lb 3 year old the Frontier or Pinnacle are probably overkill, unless you want to keep her harnessed to 12 or so. :cool: The Pioneer costs less and is comparable to the Nautilus (currently $160 - $190 on Amazon depending on color/pattern).
I like the Nautilus a lot for the price and what you get (but I bought mine when the Pioneer was not sold yet, so maybe I would have gone with that). Frontier costs quite a bit more, but does last longer (but the extra harness height / weight capacity are more than most kids will need - good for very large kids, or children w/ SN that may need to be harnessed longer than typical). My 7 yr old (45" and ~42 lbs, closer to the size of most 5 yr olds) still fits in the Nautilus with a close to 2" to grow (torso height) before he outgrows the harness.
I don't have any personal experience with the Pioneer or Maestro. Maestro is shorter than the Nautilus, and the booster (IIRC) is outgrown at the same time as the harness, but it costs quite a bit less. Good option if you know you'll get a separate dedicated high-back booster later anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC