New diono

lady_b

Anyone else super excited for the diono Rainer?!! I curious if it'll have the 3 across ability that the RXT has.

ADS

lilacsndaisys

CPS Technician
I'm so excited! I also love that they have added fun colors to those models without the headwings.

I worry about how much deeper it looks and if I will love it as much as I do my current radian.

mommyfrog

I think the top portion is all that has changed, to give it more side impact protection. I believe the bottom is still just as narrow. I'm excited about it too. I was all set to get a Chicco Nextfit my new baby, and I still might, but I'm thinking about another Radian now.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The shell is essentially the same as the Radian, so the differences for 3-across should be pretty minor if any.

mom of six

I am thinking it might change some of its puzzling abilities. Those new wings aren't going to tuck under other wings like the old ones do.

I am out of convertible zone for new seats:crying: but I may recommend this seat for a couple of friends and hope I can play with it.:p

cookie123

I can't wait to hear what people think of them. I have a fantasy that the angle adjuster won't be needed and the harness will be butter smooth! I'm pretty sure a Radian will be forthcoming when the Coccoro is outgrown.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The base is identical, so there won't be a change there yet. Not positive about the harness system, but I would guess it is essentially unchanged as well.

nannykates

I hope they keep the r120 as well as the new line. There are families with tight 3 across that need every square inch. There are also kids with sensory issues that need a wingless seat.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I hope they keep the r120 as well as the new line. There are families with tight 3 across that need every square inch. There are also kids with sensory issues that need a wingless seat.

There isn't any currently plan to discontinue their current line. The new seats are in addition to the line of Radians, not in replacement of. :)

nannykates

There isn't any currently plan to discontinue their current line. The new seats are in addition to the line of Radians, not in replacement of. :)

That makes me sooooo happy! I thought they were replacing the current line and was seriously freaking out about never being able to get 3 across my 3rd row.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Nope!

Here it says they are ADDING to the line. :D

Here is from another thread:

Hello, and welcome to car-seat.org!

I don't think we have a definitive answer regarding which seats Diono will sell when the new line comes out, but this blog entry states that Diono plans to still sell the Radian.

This blog entry makes me think that Diono is ADDING to their line, not substituting seats. It sounds as if the Radian, Monterey, and Santa Fe will soon be JOINED by the Cambria, Solana, Olympica, Pacifica, Rainier, and a line of LIttle Tikes boosters.

This is an interesting photo that shows that the Radians are still in Diono's lineup.

http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DSCN4786.jpg

Qarin

Yes. I guarantee people will either misread it as "Rainer", as was put in the the first post of this thread, or choose the pronunciation "rainy-er". :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC