Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mobile Test Style

I am testing a new mobile style for most devices. Is is a lightweight no-frills style that lacks many features, but should allow for easier reading on most phones and small tablets. It may be auto selected by most mobile browsers, but you should be able to override it and click the Desktop Style link at the top if you prefer it that way. Please report problems here. Thanks!

This should not affect app users at all.

Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I am testing a new mobile style for most devices. Is is a lightweight no-frills style that lacks many features, but should allow for easier reading on most phones and small tablets. It may be auto selected by most mobile browsers, but you should be able to override it and click the Desktop Style link at the top if you prefer it that way. Please report problems here. Thanks!

This should not affect app users at all.

Posted via Mobile Device
    Not a problem, but just wanted to say so far I LOVE it! I'm on a bbQ10, and its working great. Love the no frills-- I was forever hitting the 'thanks' button on the desktop version, or visiting profiles instead of threads. Much appreciated, and hope it (or something like it!) sticks around!

Re: Mobile Test Style

I hate change! And was freaking out when I had to close this page and reopen on my phone and couldn't figure out how get it back to blue. But I did.

I did like the other one if I could handle the brightness of the background though. I like the disabled features and the ease of use. Is there anyway to have the 'no-frills' version but a less bright color? Does that make sense?

And I just want to say thank you for all you do for this forum and the constant work to improve it!
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Seems fine, but I can't moderate from it, and that's pretty much the only reason I ever go to c-s.o on my phone's browser.

Since we're at it, ios7 lets you add bookmarks to a menu that comes up as soon as you open Safari. Some websites have cute little icons, and others are just generic compasses. Car-seat.org is a generic compass right now. Any way of getting a better icon?

I could screenshot it for you, but I'm too lazy. I'll show you on Monday if I need to.

The other mobile styles will likely come back after the test. I'll look into the Apple icon too!

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

I'm not a fan. I clicked to go back to desktop view (CHANGE SUCKS Y'ALL) and it put the stupid sidebar on even though I have no sidebar selected.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    I'm not a fan. I clicked to go back to desktop view (CHANGE SUCKS Y'ALL) and it put the stupid sidebar on even though I have no sidebar selected.
    If you click the link on the mobile thread to go to Desktop Style, it goes to the default style (with sidebar). You could then select the pull down style selector to choose any style.

If anyone has issues with it not remembering your style choice, please post here as well.

I am also seeking a way for the mobile auto selector to only apply to unregistered visitors, but I do not know if this is possible.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2020, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    I hate change! And was freaking out when I had to close this page and reopen on my phone and couldn't figure out how get it back to blue. But I did.

I did like the other one if I could handle the brightness of the background though. I like the disabled features and the ease of use. Is there anyway to have the 'no-frills' version but a less bright color? Does that make sense?
    I will look into using the off-white background color like the desktop style, but I don't know if I will get to it in the next few days or not.

If you click the link on the mobile thread to go to Desktop Style, it goes to the default style (with sidebar). You could then select the pull down style selector to choose any style.

If anyone has issues with it not remembering your style choice, please post here as well.

I am also seeking a way for the mobile auto selector to only apply to unregistered visitors, but I do not know if this is possible.
    Is there a different drop down than the one in my profile? Because I checked and that still says no sidebar is selected.

Also I just tried to click the arrow to go the last post in a subforum from the main page to get here, and it took me to Amazon. Five times in a, row. What the?
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Is there a different drop down than the one in my profile? Because I checked and that still says no sidebar is selected.

Also I just tried to click the arrow to go the last post in a subforum from the main page to get here, and it took me to Amazon. Five times in a, row. What the?
    If you are on a desktop style, there's one at the very bottom left side of every page also.

When you got Amazon, was this on a mobile style or desktop style? Can you provide a screenshot of what you clicked so I can test please?
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.

Desktop style. Do you just want to see what button I was trying to push?

I figured it out, but can't reproduce the issue. What browser?

Is it still happening consistently or to where you can reproduce it at will?

I'm... On my Android? It doesn't happen on my computer. It happens consistently on my phone. It takes me to Amazon Mom specifically, btw, if that helps.

Senior Community Member Melizerd's Avatar

I'm not happy. even when I select desktop style which I have to do every time a new window opens it disentangle go back to my color scheme
    Mel,RN
    Married 13 years to a wonderful DH and mom to an amazing 8 year old boy.

Living the dream...Blogging about love, life and family

I'm... On my Android? It doesn't happen on my computer. It happens consistently on my phone. It takes me to Amazon Mom specifically, btw, if that helps.
    Okay, so you are using the desktop style on an Android device? I tried it on mine and could not replicate.

I have disabled the auto-selection for the moment. Does it still happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Melizerd View Post
    I'm not happy. even when I select desktop style which I have to do every time a new window opens it disentangle go back to my color scheme
    This is just a test, please bear with me:-) Does it work better now?

Senior Community Member Melizerd's Avatar

What we expect perfection immediately

It seems to be fixed that I don't have to click the desktop style each time right now. So that's a good thing. I just always feel like I'm not logged in if it's not my scheme.
    Mel,RN
    Married 13 years to a wonderful DH and mom to an amazing 8 year old boy.

Living the dream...Blogging about love, life and family

It still happens- but I figured it out.

There's an ad on the sidebar for Amazon mom.

I switched to no sidebar (once it let me- first time it sent me to Amazon again...) and it fixed it.

Apparently the clickable area for that ad is overly large, but unseen, and for some reason covers some buttons (but not others?)

I knew there were reasons to hate that stupid sidebar

It still happens- but I figured it out.

There's an ad on the sidebar for Amazon mom.

I switched to no sidebar (once it let me- first time it sent me to Amazon again...) and it fixed it.

Apparently the clickable area for that ad is overly large, but unseen, and for some reason covers some buttons (but not others?)

I knew there were reasons to hate that stupid sidebar
    Thanks! That one is easy enough to fix. Can you please check to see if it is working now, as others may have the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post

And I just want to say thank you for all you do for this forum and the constant work to improve it!
    Is that easier on the eyes now? You will have to manually select the "Mobile and Tablet Lite" style or use this link to test it:

http://www.car-seat.org/index.php?styleid=66

Thanks! That one is easy enough to fix. Can you please check to see if it is working now, as others may have the same issue?
    Fixed.