Brainstorm with me...

aeormsby

So not only is DS almost 6 and about ready to transition to boostering full time, we're looking at buying a 3rd vehicle some time this winter.

So - current set up is my Saturn: DD boostered in a PWSGL, DS harnessed in a FR85, Truck: DD boostered in a FR80 & DS boostered in a Vivo.

We'll be keeping both of the current vehicles and most likely adding a Mazda3 to the mix. I had thought about sending the FR85 to my sister for my DNi but just remembered that the headrests in the truck aren't very tall and the kids will need HBB's for the forseeable future in there - we don't plan on replacing that anytime soon and it's our camping vehicle. The PW doesn't work with the seatbelts in there.

The Mazda (just test drove it yesterday) has removable headrests (yay) but high windows in the back so boosters with a higher seat might be nice - ie, DD's Literider might not be ideal.

I'm tempted to get the folding booster for DS for one of the vehicles, it would be nice for travel also. And DD has been asking about switching to a NBB so I might be open to that in the spring for my car (and for the new car). The PWSGL is pink so no passing that down to DS.

Thoughts?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Truck: FR80 & 85 in booster modes. Your car: Literider & Vivo. New car: PWSGL in new clothes & Literider.

Seems the cheapest way to do it... Although doesn't get you the folding booster? If you go with the high window car, keep DD in the PW & get DS a folding booster?

aeormsby

Truck: FR80 & 85 in booster modes. Your car: Literider & Vivo. New car: PWSGL in new clothes & Literider.

Seems the cheapest way to do it... Although doesn't get you the folding booster? If you go with the high window car, keep DD in the PW & get DS a folding booster?

I'll have to see how DS fits in the FR85 as a booster, the 80 didn't fit him well yet, but the original plan had definitely been to keep both FR's for the truck. Anyone know how small kids fit in the 85 compared to the 80? Getting the folding booster for DS and keeping DD in the PW (possibly backless by spring) might be what we end up with.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think they would be similar. The only reason I tagged the Fs in the truck would be for headrest purposes. The 85 doesn't go quite as high as the 80, but I would hang onto it for down the road regardless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC