Any hope for the Snugride 40 in Canada?

calgal22002

I am due in April and really love the features of the SR40, based on the reviews online. I know it is not currently available here, but are there any plans to introduce it before April? I am hoping to get a seat that will last a full year (due in April and want to get through the following winter) and I like all the cool features like the extendable leg room, etc.

Alternatively, are there any other suggestions for a long-lasting infant seat? I am expecting my 4th and my previous seats were both Snugrides (20 and 30, if I recall), so am not all that familiar with the other options. I have heard good things about the Chicco Keyfit and the Britax seats, but have not really played with them yet.

ADS

nannykates

I doubt the snugride40 will be available by then as I believe none of the click connect seats are up there yet.

The graco snugride 35 and onboard 35 are both very long lasting infant seats that tend to get kids through the first year.

Mary_Ann

Hi! I don't know about the sr40, but I have a britax b-safe that I love. Dd is now 8 mo, weighs 20lbs and is ~ 27". She stills have a good 2" above her head and is on the 2nd to top slots. I think she might outgrew it in a month or 2. However, it's getting really hard to carry the seat around since it's so heavy! She also prefers her convertible (britax or radian) that sits more upright.

The keyfit will last as long as the b-safe.

bbartlettnfld

I agree with the Snugride 35 and Onboard 35 options.

I bought my sister-in-law the sung ride 35 for my nephew born last september, he is now 13 months and still had plenty of room to grow, I would say he will make it to 18 months for sure.

The onboard is also a very tall infant seat, I've seen pics of kids on here still fitting at 24 months!

featherhead

I doubt the snugride40 will be available by then as I believe none of the click connect seats are up there yet.

The graco snugride 35 and onboard 35 are both very long lasting infant seats that tend to get kids through the first year.

We do have the CC30 and 35 in Canada. But I'm pretty sure there are no plans to bring the 40 to Canada.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We do have the CC30 and 35 in Canada. But I'm pretty sure there are no plans to bring the 40 to Canada.

This. Last I heard the 40 wasn't coming.

The thing with the OnBoard 35 is that it still has a 29" standing height limit. I'd be much more inclined to go with a SnugRide 35 for the 32" limit, or a Via with the 35lbs/32" limit. If you don't need stroller compatibility, as that is its shortfall, the Via is at BRU for a super price of $95: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index...15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true

amyd

I've had 3 April babies. My first had a Snugride 22 and had to be switched around October. Second had a Safeseat and made it through his first winter just fine in it. Number 3 is in a Peg. 30/30 and she's going to be good through the winter as well.

U

Unregistered

Just be warned that the Via seat weighs in at over 13lbs on it's own!

The Keyfit won't last as long as a Britax B-Safe.. the Britax has a 32 inch height limit and the Keyfit has a 30inch limit.

Given that babies tend to outgrow by height and not weight, I would go with the SR35.. it has the nice 32inch height limit and does allow some extra weight over the Keyfit and B-Safe that are both 22lb limits.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC