Best place to sell a seat, since I can't post on the Swap

ADS

arly1983

Well, yes, I have had lots of success with NIB items on ebay with high demand items....What did you buy?

Boulevards seem to be going slow and so do regents...

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Stupid question, I remember that to post on the swap you had to meet certain criteria. Does this mean that you can't post if you don't meet the criteria listed or you can still post something for sale but it needs to be approved? I'd be interested to know if I can post a for sale item. Does anyone here know? Thanks!

heyruthie

I probably can't say what I bought, since the admin already edited this post for content. But I may try eBay, or any other places that you all suggest here. How much is domestic shipping for a convertible seat, approx?

heyruthie

Stupid question, I remember that to post on the swap you had to meet certain criteria. Does this mean that you can't post if you don't meet the criteria listed or you can still post something for sale but it needs to be approved? I'd be interested to know if I can post a for sale item. Does anyone here know? Thanks!

I thought I can't post on there, since I'm not a "high-level" member here, and I'm relatively new.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

You need to weigh and measure the box. Then you can to go just about any shipper site, ups, fed ex, I think even DHL and enter that information as well as the zip shipping to and it will tell you. I shipped a car seat from PA to Dallas, OR a few weeks ago and it was around $66.00. I sold the seat on ebay and they paid the shipping. Hope that helps.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Ebay is generally a very good place to buy and sell merchandise.

The requirements to post items on Carseat Swap can be found here http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=10 and http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8936 . Unfortunately, our costs have signifciantly increased this year and we can no longer support unrestricted commercial or personal sales on our forums. On the other hand, once you become a Senior Community Member or Donor, you may post personal items for sale on the Swap forum. You may also then post links to your personal items on ebay on the Swap forum if you prefer to use ebay for transaction security. Commercial items may be posted on the Sponsor forum and require a donation at the sponsor level.

arly1983

I probably can't say what I bought, since the admin already edited this post for content. But I may try eBay, or any other places that you all suggest here. How much is domestic shipping for a convertible seat, approx?

Well, its according to where you live and where you are shipping it to....I have shiped a MA for as little as $22 with DHL but it was only going a couple of states over...

I also shipped a BV from the east coast to west coast and it was $46 UPS....

So its just according...

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Ebay is generally a very good place to buy and sell merchandise.

The requirements to post items on Carseat Swap can be found here http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=10 and http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8936 . Unfortunately, our costs have signifciantly increased this year and we can no longer support unrestricted commercial or personal sales on our forums. On the other hand, once you become a Senior Community Member or Donor, you may post personal items for sale on the Swap forum. You may also then post links to your personal items on ebay on the Swap forum if you prefer to use ebay for transaction security. Commercial items may be posted on the Sponsor forum and require a donation at the sponsor level.

Darren, Sorry for the stupid questions but can I ask another one? I assume that CPS Advocate is a lower title than Senior Community Member. Am I right? Also, how do you become a Senior Community Member? When I go into my own profile and click on group memberships it gives me the option to choose CPS Advocate ot Senior Community Member. Is this right? Would I just click on the Senior Community Member and then my title is changed? Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out this stuff. Sorry. :eek:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Darren, Sorry for the stupid questions but can I ask another one? I assume that CPS Advocate is a lower title than Senior Community Member. Am I right? Also, how do you become a Senior Community Member? When I go into my own profile and click on group memberships it gives me the option to choose CPS Advocate ot Senior Community Member. Is this right? Would I just click on the Senior Community Member and then my title is changed? Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out this stuff. Sorry. :eek:

"CPS Advocate" is a title based only on post count.

"Senior Community Member" is a usergroup based on post count, reputation and time registered. If you can select the title in your group memberships area, then you already meet the minimums:) You may switch your title back and forth as you like, but you should be able to post in Swap, see the Senior Community Member forum, Chat room and other perks regardless of which title you use.

Frenchie

I recently sold a carseat on Ebay and had trouble with the shipping. Someone told me to use the calculated shipping option in future so that the bidder/buyer will pay exactly what's owed instead of a rough guess. In my case I estimated it the same as all the other seats listed and I ended up with a winning bidder who lived as far as possible from me. I am at the southern most tip of FL and she was at the north western tip of Washington :(. Anyway you might try the calculated shipping option once you have the dimensions and what not. Good luck with your sale!

ignora

Senior Community Member
You could also try listing it on your local Craigslist... then you wouldn't have to worry about the shipping thing at all.

heyruthie

I just wanted to mention that I sold it on Craigslist. I listed it once, with no bites. I relisted it the following day, and it sold in 4 hours. Thank you, local Craigslist! Now I'm just sad I had to part with my perfectly beautiful Cowmoo MA......:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC