Have the FR90 issues been resolved yet?

essnce629

I have a friend who is asking about getting either a FR85, FR90, or the Pinnacle (P90?) for her just turned 4 year old and I was wondering if all the issues with the loose bar sticking out and the rattling headrest have been fixed yet? She is passing his Advocate down to her 1 yr old DD and turning her 4 yr old FF'ing. She was hoping to be able to possibly get 3 across in her CRV for carpooling, but I told her that's probably impossible unless she sells her Advocate and buys 2-3 Radians! Her DS just turned 4 this month so any child that would be coming in her car would be the same age.

And I have a Regent that is expiring in 2 days as well so I wanted to know too. I was leaning towards the FR90 when it first came out since I'm constantly shuffling carseats around (already have a FR85) but was holding off as long as possible to allow Britax to work out all the kinks. I'll switch to using my TFP if I need to hold out longer!

So what do you think? Buy the FR90 now or wait a little more?

And could she get a possible 3 across with a rf'ing Advocate in there? I'm assuming trying to use a high back booster for a potential carpool child would make it harder to buckle?

ADS

2BunniesMommy

I have a Frontier 90, got it in May. I took it out in June to give it a good look over to make sure everything was fine with it and again on Thursday of this week because the car needed a good cleaning after a mini-vacation. Looked it over carefully again since I had it out. No issues what so ever with mine.

I LOVE this seat. The install is so easy and the other ease of use features make it worth it. Since you know some have had issues and know what to look for, pass that info onto your friend and she can just keep an eye out for any problems. Britax has amazing customer service and they will take care of it if her seat ends up being one with problems. I have had a few issues with a few seats and one stroller over the past few years and they don't hesitate to send out a needed part right away and even a new seat or stroller if that is what is needed to make it right. At most they might ask for pics.

NVMBR02

I had difficulty with my first one (the click tight got stuck) but I have had no issues with my replacement seat which had a June DOM. The original seat I had was an April DOM.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It seems like MOST of the issues with the bar were in April, possibly early May. I haven't heard of continuing issues with it.

Now, I don't know whether the recline was a one-off or whether they fixed that because they didn't tell me what happened with that... I'm still kind of scared to put my replacement in recline.

Athena

It seems like MOST of the issues with the bar were in April, possibly early May. I haven't heard of continuing issues with it.

Now, I don't know whether the recline was a one-off or whether they fixed that because they didn't tell me what happened with that... I'm still kind of scared to put my replacement in recline.

Was your reline not working right too? When I tried the recline on my original April 2013, I couldn't get it to go back into unrecline. Eventually I did, but it took a lot of effort and time. When I called to ask what I was doing wrong, (after a bit of trouble shooting) they replaced it with a July 2013. I tested the recline immediately and it was completely different, working with ease. I'd order another if I needed it. HTH.

tl01

We haven't had any issues with our FR 90 yet. I love it! (Except I think the tether is too wide at the top and that causes it to slip off of my captains chairs...).

Eta...we don't use ours in recline.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My recline MELTED and was bent because the plastic softened. So I haven't reclined the replacement lol.

mommytosavy

I got a replacement Fr90 DOM Sept (I think). The recline worked much better than my old (DOM May?). My only issue which I am just going to chalk it up to my car is that the harness doesn't tighten easily. I have to pull the straps from the back and then pull the harness strap. It gets caught somewhere but so did my old one. Britax was very nice and very understanding about replacing the older one which had the same problems. So must be a car issue. I am going on vacation end of week and will be using different vehicles so we will see if it works better. I am definitely keeping it and really love the seat over all.

essnce629

Thanks everyone! It sounds like the seats manufactured after May haven't had any problems. I'll tell my friend and keep an eye out for a good deal for myself!

amandaj553

I'm glad to hear the issues seem to be over for them. I just ordered one from Kohls for DD for Christmas. Here's hoping it's DOM is recent!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC