pics of vehicle interiors

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
ETA: I'm done the article. Man that was labour intensive with the photo editing. Here it is: http://vicarseattechs.com/2013/vehicle-shopping-with-car-seat-goggles/

I'm after some pics of vehicle interiors for an article.

If you have any of the following, preferably without car seats installed, please post them here if I may use them.

- pronounced centre hump
- any other vehicle feature that can make installing challenging

I now have, with thanks, the following, but feel free to post yours too if it's especially awful!:
- forward of the bight belt (thanks Keeanh!)
- raised bight as in many Subarus (thanks Keeanh!)
- overlapping seat belts in adjacent seating positions (thanks SnoGurl)
- flip down centre console (can probably use the Rav4 pic from SnoGurl)
- very narrow middle seat (can probably use the Rav4 pic from SnoGurl)
- horrible tethering scenario (thanks MomToEliEm)
- fixed forward leaning head rests (a tech friend)
- offset or shared lower anchors (thanks Brianna!)
- awkward hard plastic at a hinge or bight (thanks shellebelle!)
- fixed forward leaning buckle stalks (a tech friend)
- pronounced side bolsters that eat up side-to-side real estate or make a seat want to twist during install (thanks jordansmom)
- really long buckle stalks
- very shallow truck back seat as in an extended cab (I already have the flip-down Tacoma as an example)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
ADS

Pixelated

If you need a picture without writing, I think it's on my old phone and I could dig it up for you http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/...7CF1A0-10105-000004F6974989E8_zps1fa39566.jpg

That would be super - if you can find it I'd appreciate it. Do you remember what the vehicle was by chance?

O/T but reading that lists makes me want to keep my car forever. :)

I know! I realized as I was typing that I don't have ANY of those issues with my own vehicles, luckily enough! Purely by coincidence though as I've had them longer than I've had kids.

jacqui276

I have a flip down center console and DH has the overlapping seat belts. If no one else posts these, I will venture out and uninstall my seats to get a picture.

agave

I have offset latch, and a rediculously narrow center seat in my van. I'll see what I can find in the Subaru.

Pixelated

I have forward-of-the-bight. I also have a slightly raised bight. I don't know if it's enough for your purposes. Off to find pics.

Also very thankful for my Safari which has zero install problems and very wide benches.

ETA: I have a few FOTB and raised bight pics in my car seat album: https://www.facebook.com/devon.keeanh/media_set?set=a.288137231273529.69082.100002317632823&type=3
You can use any pics that work for you.

Thank you - I'll peruse!

I have side bolsters that eat up all the carseat real estate! What kind of angle/picture do you need?

Whatever angle(s) best show how much they restrict space. If it's easier to show with a seat there that works too!

I have a flip down center console and DH has the overlapping seat belts. If no one else posts these, I will venture out and uninstall my seats to get a picture.

Cool :)

Rav overlapping seatbelts--

Perfect. Why anyone ever thought designing a car like that was a good idea I do not know.

I have offset latch, and a rediculously narrow center seat in my van. I'll see what I can find in the Subaru.

Awesome!

jordansmom

Side bolsters. If these aren't clear enough, let me know and I can try again with the "real" camera.

ETA: argh! The iPad is always rotating the picture! Sorry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 60

jjordan

I could have helped you out with a lot of these in our old altima. Our old subaru does have a few of these issues, but I just went outside to take pictures and found that dh took it to work today. If no one posts long buckle stalks and plastic in the bight by tomorrow, I can get those in the afternoon!

Pixelated

Side bolsters. If these aren't clear enough, let me know and I can try again with the "real" camera.

ETA: argh! The iPad is always rotating the picture! Sorry!

They're a bit blurry when I pull them up, but the angle/view of the first one is perfect, albeit upside down :) If you do have a chance with a real camera and a flash I'd appreciate it. What vehicle?

Pixelated

Anyone else? My article is just about ready to go, except for the pictures. Gentle nudge for anyone who said they'd take one for me today :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC