Maclaren

LimePink

Senior Community Member
I found a Maclaren at BRU today, but scatter brained me forgot to write down what the heck it was other than a Maclaren. It was black and very bright pink in color. It was either $144.99 or $199.99, I couldn't tell which sticker went with it.

I've been looking online and have seen a ton of pink ones, but none of them look right. Do these pink/black ones look different IRL possibly? Anyone have any pics?

Another thing, for those who have owned/used them, did ya'll like them? I've only had an Evenflo and Graco, not happy with either. I need something light weight but with a good amount of storage on the bottom. This one seemed good...but I didn't want to buy it w/o getting some opinions first. --I planned to order online, but just my luck I can't find it anywhere and BRU is 1.5hrs away!!:mad:

ADS

Jordynsmama

I would say Maclarens are top choices with ppl. I am not one for umbrella type strollers but I kinda do want the techno xt or the quest mod....they work best for older kids and they are very cute. Plus they are tall. I cant stand the whole Idea of bending down to push strollers.

LimePink

Senior Community Member
I would say Maclarens are top choices with ppl. I am not one for umbrella type strollers but I kinda do want the techno xt or the quest mod....they work best for older kids and they are very cute. Plus they are tall. I cant stand the whole Idea of bending down to push strollers.
Being tall sure would help! I'm not super tall or anything, but I am 5'8 and find regular umbrella strollers a PITA because they're so low.
Techno xt and Quest..I really need to look at the differences of all of these strollers, too many choices!

sixboys

I've had the Techno and the Quest, you can't go wrong with a Maclaren!

The Techno is great, it's really solid and you can raise the handlebars for taller parents. The Techno XLR can also accomodate most brands of infant carseats, but the Techno XT can not. I ended up replacing my Techno with a Peg Perego Pliko, because I wanted the toddler footboard the Peg offered. It's a bigger stroller, I put it in the same category as a Graco travel system or Pliko. It has more features, weight (and cost).

My Maclaren Quest is about a year old, and it replaced my old Maclaren Volo. I love it! (and I loved the Volo too!) It is the same size as the small Maclarens (volo and triumph), but has a bit more adjustability to the recline mode. It is lightweight, very solid and in my opinion they are the three best umbrella strollers out there!

LimePink

Senior Community Member
I just got off of the phone with BRU asking about which stroller it was. Apparently the one I looked at was a 2007 model- Maclaren Triumph. (Although the woman was just giving me colors when I asked for models...she had literally no clue what I was talking about):rolleyes:

Both DD and I liked the stroller when we used it. I'm shocked at the color difference in person and online. I remember it being BLACK and pink, not grey and pink, but the woman was *sure* that's the one I was talking about. Maybe I'm just remembering the handle bars being black:confused:

I don't like the price tag on it...any idea when these go on sale? Any where I can find last years model? Help! I don't have that much in my budget right now to put into a stroller since I'll be out of work for 4 days. (My tech class next week/hotel/gas/food is taking a nice chunk of money.) I just really would like to get one fairly soon because DD will not sit in any strollers and she sat in that Maclaren no problem. So, it has passed her approval and she is hard to please!

arly1983

I don't like the price tag on it...any idea when these go on sale? Any where I can find last years model? Help! I don't have that much in my budget right now to put into a stroller since I'll be out of work for 4 days. (My tech class next week/hotel/gas/food is taking a nice chunk of money.) I just really would like to get one fairly soon because DD will not sit in any strollers and she sat in that Maclaren no problem. So, it has passed her approval and she is hard to please!

I got a triumph maclaren 2004 model in 05 for $96 including shipping. Ebay through babyuniverse?...one of those online stores anyway...

lovemyfamily

I have had a Maclaren Quest and now own a Maclaren Ryder. I love them both. The Ryder is taller than the Quest and has the shocks on all 4 sets of wheels, as well as larger tires than the Volo/Quest/Triumph etc. It is discontinued and the only place I was able to find it, was eBay, seller id was maxoty.
Macs are wonderful strollers. Price can be a bit scary but they are worth every penny.
You can check eBay or stroller swap for deals too.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
:yeahthat: We have used our Pink Fleur Quest for about a year now, with no complaints other than the canopy got a bit dirty from rubbing against the wheels when the stroller is folded up. The above deal is a good price, and I agree that the photo is pretty true to life.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC