Question Pilot Tall Parents

U

Unregistered

We're considering purchasing a Honda Pilot but want to make sure it will work with car seats on the second row and tall parents. The front seats will be pushed back as far as they can got. Is the Pilot compatible with having RF car seats behind the driver and passenger seats if the front seats are all the way back? Or would we have to put any rear facing car seat in the middle?

I appreciate your time!

ADS

canadiangie

I have a rear facing Radian with Angle Adjuster behind my drivers seat and my Dh is 6'2". He is able to bring the vehicle seat back so that he is comfy in terms of legroom, and as long as he sits adequately upright (which is safer for him and kind of a rule in my vehicle anyway) he is fine. I'm 5'4" and obviously have no issues.

What seats are you hoping to use? How old are your kids?

SouthernStar

We have a two year old, but want more children and typically keep cars for 10 years +. My husband is 6'5" and I'm 6" so we'd want both front seats to be able to be set all the way back in case he's the passenger. We just don't want to buy something that would limit our having two RF on the second row simultaneously if needed. We currently have a huge Britax convertible car seat RF to age 2, now its FF - we wouldn't necessarily need it to be that large but would of course want a very safe car seat (as I'm sure all of you desire as well).

Thanks again!

SouthernStar

I just joined so my posts would appear quicker (and save the moderators some time hopefully) - there's another message reply out there that I submitted a bit ago that may appear as well - here's the gist of it:

My husband is 6'5", I'm 6". We'd want the driver and passenger seats to be pushed back all the time to accomodate him sitting in either seat. My son is 2; he's currently in a FF Britax Advocate (big) - we used it RF until he was 2 and would likely do the same concept for future children. We keep cars for 10 years plus so we're hoping to get a car that would accomodate our having a couple more kids soon.

Not picky on which car seats to use, just want them to be safe (as I'm sure everyone wants). We like the Britax brand, but are open to other options if needed.

Thanks!

kaharris83

We have a 2011 Pilot. I have a Foonf rear facing behind my driver's seat and also had a Radian with angle adjuster there. My DH is 6'3' and could drive comfortably with either set up. We also had a Britax Boulevard 70-G3 rear facing behind the driver no problem. Love our Pilot!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC