Resale value/fabric choice

carseatmama007

Does fabric choice impact re-sale value of a seat? I'm looking at getting DD a Frontier 90 to use probably only for a couple years. I'll want to re-sell it and get a dedicated booster after that (would rather have a thinner/lighter booster than the F90). Would a gender neutral color be easier to sell (parents of boys and girls could buy it) or are the "special" fun fabrics like Cactus easier to sell? Or doesn't matter, just get DD whatever she wants? :p

ADS

Brianna

Just going off memory, it seems like the fun fabrics are in a higher demand than neutrals. I'm sure it depends on original supply of the pattern too. Take a look through swap to get a better idea if you want.

SnoGurl

I was actually thinking about this today! I really, really want a foonf, and am trying to justify it's existence in my car. I'd love to flamingo, but I think blue moon would be easier to resell (especially as I would see local if I was going to). Tough choices!!

kathysr98

Patterns that aren't sold in stores seem to have better resale as well. Lots of people will buy a seat in store on sale or clearance or on short notice because it's available, while ordering takes more time!

Phineasmama

I think it depends on where you're selling it, for one thing. A seat that's really popular here on CSO might not be so popular in the "real world" of car seats, where everything is boring brown and grey and people like things to match their cars!

As far as the Frontier goes, I feel like red has always been a really popular color.

tracee877

It definitely helps resale value if you have a sought-after or discontinued cover. For example, I sold my used 2011 FR85 with Cowmoo on ebay a few months ago for $250 (and that was before shipping).:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC