Boosters for littles... Do you have a favorite?

love-pink

I'd love to hear what you've used and what you prefer for littles that need to be in a HBB for whatever reason. I'm leaning between the AMP, TB and possibly the TBSS because my serious lack of funding :p

Need something SUPER user friendly and with a 30lb minimum (although DD2 is probably VERY close to the 40lb mark fully clothed and shoed). The AMP sticks out to me because it doesn't fall apart, super easy to route the belts through the guides, plenty room to route under the armrests and the headrest works well even with the slanted headrests of some vehicles.

Pictures are always helpful for me!!

ADS

krystin_21a

My son is little (6 years, 42 pounds, and short, sorry can't remember height) and I love how the Monterey fits him. He was five and a half and 37 pounds when we first started using it, if that helps. He sleeps well in it and loves the big head wings.

ctbcleveland

I think the AMP is nice - given its price point, I wouldn't sweat the fact it won't last forever. My DS was very similar in size to Krystin's at age 6 (when he got it), barely tipping 40 lbs.

msg221

I am curious about this as well. Does anyone have any experience with the Evenflo Right Fit? I love all of the colors it comes in, but I was hoping it is also a halfway decent booster!

Baylor

I have to tell you that my four year old fit awesome in the Probooster. If the old style did not tip in my car I would have kept it. I loved that seat.

aeormsby

I :love: our Vivo. I know DS took a couple of very short trial rides in it when he was 4 (and small, probably 40-42" and 36-38lb) and he fit amazingly well. He's using it in our truck now at almost 6yo and it fits him perfectly and he stayed in position when he fell asleep a couple weeks ago too.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
The ProBooster was my favorite for fit, but the tippyness was it's detriment. Though we do still have them as back ups in the truck. We have the Affix now for the 6.5yr olds and one of my twins is TINY....as in 35lbs and 42" tiny. He fits it great. Kaylee who is 4, same weight but shorter, has ridden in it and fit fine. She rides in a Monterey a couple of times in dh's car since that's all that is in his car. She fits it well. I will keep her harnessed for another 2 years though, except the very rare instance she is in her dad's car.

momtoo3

I love the Vivo for all sizes of kids. Ds3 has fit since the first time I tried him at 33 pounds and about 38 inches and ds2 still fits at 67 pounds and 53 inches. I prefer the larger headwings over the HBTB and Amp. Ds3 also fits great in the TB with SS but at the same price point that you can find the Vivo at, I would go with the vivo because it lasts longer and has better padding.

NVMBR02

I don't really have any experience with the AMP high back, but the price is right and I have heard it is good for small kiddos.

My two favorites are the Vivo and the TurboBooster. The Turbo was a great fit on dd1 when she was 5.5 and 32 pounds (I can't remember how tall, probably around 47-48 inches, she has always been super skinny).

Dillipop

The harmony dreamtime fit my ds2 well when we used it. Won't last a super long time but provided him with a great fit.

The vivo was also great for smaller kids.

agave

DD1 got a Big Kid Sport shortly after 4 (for our truck that doesn't leave our 5 acres). The thing fits in every car I've put it in, the lap belt fit varies by vehicle and has improved with age.

Probooster is perfect except for the lack of latch and cup holders, it's not tippy in DH's car and he likes to show off the Recaro. DD stared riding in it a few months shy of 5 and about 38 lbs.

I really like the Monterey too but you don't want to take the cover off for washing, it's just insane.

I have only used low back turbos but love the belt fit it's even decent on my tiny 3 yr old.

Lenae

ProBooster. Colton has the torso of a 3yo, and the ProBooster hugs him perfectly, and the belt fit is awesome.

This is the best picture I have in Photobucket right now. On the lowest setting.
null_zps8aff4896.jpg

ETA: This picture shows the lap belt fit better. Still on the lowest setting.
null_zps5108a00b.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC