I've got the Incognito!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I was so excited when I heard this was coming out because it fills such a need. My first impressions of the seat are quite positive. My nearly 9 year old likes it as well. The belt guides were really easy for him to use, and good news for new generation Sienna owners, it fit on that small 8th seat! The foam feels very similar to the Diono angle adjuster. It really is very low profile and hard to notice when kid is sitting on it. Once all the colors are released it will be even easier to match to the vehicle interior.

Kid in pics is still a bit below the 60lb weight minimum (he's 54lbs), but he's all I have available. The booster itself is rated for 6 years and older, and 60-120lbs. The seat pan itself is quite deep which will be very comfortable for an older child.

Attachments

• image-2872132174.jpg
    image-2872132174.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 179
  • image-1606130645.jpg
    image-1606130645.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 180
  • image-4055389555.jpg
    image-4055389555.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 175
  • image-2226186522.jpg
    image-2226186522.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 177
  • image-3606911302.jpg
    image-3606911302.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 169
  • image-1117720419.jpg
    image-1117720419.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 170
  • image-798435499.jpg
    image-798435499.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Forgot to add the pic of it alone on the 8th Sienna seat.

ETA: need to delete some attachments first.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Cool! Now if it will only make its way north :)

I hadn't thought about how the shoulder belt would route - not through the belt guide, that makes it easier for sure.

I wonder if it's sweaty. Sitting on an angle-adjuster-type foam might be. Is the top surface smooth at all with fabric, or that same foam all over?

thekatie

Great! Did you measure it by any chance?

I didn't realize they were out. I totally slacked on checking :oops: J1 is sitting squashed in his LiteRider - I was going to get him a Santa Fe, but right before I ordered it I read about these. He's 102lb. Fits perfectly in his Connext and loves the size of it, but it's got a silly 100lb weight limit. Do you happen to have a Connext to know how this compares in size?

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Cool! Now if it will only make its way north :) I hadn't thought about how the shoulder belt would route - not through the belt guide, that makes it easier for sure. I wonder if it's sweaty. Sitting on an angle-adjuster-type foam might be. Is the top surface smooth at all with fabric, or that same foam all over?

It does have a fabric-y cover on the top. I don't think it would be super sweaty, but I also don't live in a hot climate so I'm not very sensitive to those issues.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Great! Did you measure it by any chance? I didn't realize they were out. I totally slacked on checking :oops: J1 is sitting squashed in his LiteRider - I was going to get him a Santa Fe, but right before I ordered it I read about these. He's 102lb. Fits perfectly in his Connext and loves the size of it, but it's got a silly 100lb weight limit. Do you happen to have a Connext to know how this compares in size?

It's not out yet. I'm a CPST at a hospital and it was sent to me from Dorel as a demo for us.

It measures 12" at the back, 14.5 at the front (where the knees bend), and about 17" seat pan depth.

thekatie

It's not out yet. I'm a CPST at a hospital and it was sent to me from Dorel as a demo for us. It measures 12" at the back, 14.5 at the front (where the knees bend), and about 17" seat pan depth.

Great, I don't feel bad for not realizing it's out then :) Thank you so much! I'm super excited about this seat.

Baylor

Me too. I am so happy to see this. I was not sure how it would work but I have a 9 yr old who does not 5 step yet but is getting tall enough to be getting close to the top of the headrest limit.

This would help that alot!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Awesome! I hope those of us who signed up to get one at KIM get it soon. It's neat to see the changes to the final product.

Wendy

njkj

You don't have access to a '12 Town & Country do you? This would be perfect for the middle third row, if it fit that is. (A harmony youth fits but the arm rest make it impossible to buckle in a three across.)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Any chance you can take comparison pics with the same child with no booster? Just curious how much a difference it makes.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Awesome! I hope those of us who signed up to get one at KIM get it soon. It's neat to see the changes to the final product.

Wendy

We were told that most who signed up should receive theirs this week, but that they were short on the first shipment so the rest will be shipped soon.

Black is all that was sent initially.

vtbecca

Yay!!! I really could use these for my boys- fit OK without boosters but could use a tiny bit of height. I can see us getting at least a few!

Becca

Baylor

I showed this thread to my son who is starting to balk at even the LBB at 9. In some cars he 5 steps but not all, He was so excited that this was an option and would not have sit "in" a booster anymore!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC