Rear facing car seat in 2004 Cadillac CTS HELP PLEASE

U

Unregistered

Hello! I am a nanny.
This morning, the mom & I tried to install a rear facing car seat with latches in a 2004 Cadillac cts (leather seats) FAILED!
The latch closest to the door went in smoothly. We both tried to latch the middle one and couldn't get it to click. Has anyone had this problem?
Looking for any tips.
Thanks in advance!

ADS

jjordan

Welcome to car-seat.org. :) We are glad that you came here to get answers to what seems to be a frustrating car seat experience!

Without having had any prior experience with the car, my first thought is that if LATCH is not working properly, then the seatbelt is considered to be just as safe (as long as you can get a proper installation).

Another thought would be to find a CPST nearby (check this thread for a start) and see if having a "real life" person helping will do the trick.

What was the car seat and what kind of LATCH connectors does it have? Are they like this or like this?

1mommy

Welcome! Just to get some clarification, were you trying to install the car seat in the middle seat with latch? A tech with the LATCH book can chime in but most cars don't have center latch system and you can't "borrow" or double up which might be the problem? They are made for one car seat and are not big enough/strong enough to hold two. If this isn't the problem and I misunderstood I apologize. Please post some more details and we'll be more then happy to help.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC