Car Seat 1978

ADS

Mary_Ann

Impressing! My bf was born in 1982 and he didn't even had a car seat. Her mother held him or put him in some kind of bed on the rear floor..

She still doesn't understand how to strap dd correctly and even manage to not route the seatbelt through the big red guides of dd's PW. She drives me nut!!!

Snow mom

I love the "fashion" on your seat. I couldn't resist looking for pictures of myself in my carseat the last time I was home. My infant bucket (if you can call it that) was plain white.

1979:
image-3925415410.jpg

mom of six

Looks like a Dyno-myte car seat?

Yep, it is. Notice the plastic buckle. I am guessing they switched to the metal buckle 1981 with the passing of FMVSS 213.

The other one is a GM Infant Love Seat. My parents had one like that but with a blue nylon seat pad. That would have been about 1973.

katymyers

I love the "fashion" on your seat. I couldn't resist looking for pictures of myself in my carseat the last time I was home. My infant bucket (if you can call it that) was plain white. 1979:
Mine looked a lot like this. It had brown vinyl instead of white. This makes me wonder how old my seat was though, my parents got it at a yard sale and used it for all their kids. I was the oldest and my youngest brother is six years younger than me, so definitely expired at that point.

mom of six

Mine looked a lot like this. It had brown vinyl instead of white. This makes me wonder how old my seat was though, my parents got it at a yard sale and used it for all their kids. I was the oldest and my youngest brother is six years younger than me, so definitely expired at that point.

The GM Infant Love Seat was made from the early 1970's and was eventually sold to Century. They called it the Century Infant Love Seat and was manufactured by them up until the late 1980'2 or 1990's. I believe they were program seats for a time. Way back in the day I babysat a girl who was born in 1988 and her parents received one of these from the hospital when she was born. It has a cream colored shell, a tan pad and 2 sets of slots for the harness. Not sure how you were supposed to move the harness to the other set of slots, however. The seat had a double shell construction and the harness was thread through the inner shell but there was no access through the outer shell so you couldn't thread the harness back through the other slot. Hard to put into words. Hope you can picture it.:rolleyes:

kaylamom

I had a kiddo I babysat for in 1987 who had a love seat. I remember threading the harness through the upper slots by using a butter knife to direct it back through the hole on the other side to bring it through. :)

seb3244

I had a kiddo I babysat for in 1987 who had a love seat. I remember threading the harness through the upper slots by using a butter knife to direct it back through the hole on the other side to bring it through. :)

It's strange to think that kid is 26 or 27 now lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC