Belt fit?

mommyof3tx

How does he look? His butt is all the way back, knees bent at the end of the seat, feet flat on the floor. The lap belt is across his hips, I can't see it possibly sitting any lower unless maybe he was a thicker kid, he's super skinny, but it's not just across his belly, it's lower than that.

He turned 10 in April, is 65lbs so he's really light weight for his age. I'm not sure on his height right now.

1377023_10151727769101267_571135195_n.jpg

ADS

mommyof3tx

On the sides it's on his hip bones, not above, not below either though I don't think because he's so dang skinny. The lap belt fit is very similar to what it is in his booster though...maybe just a tad higher, but not on his belly.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I honestly don't love it. Can't define exactly why, just looks like he has a bit more growing to do for both the lap & shoulder belts.

ETA: looking again, it looks good on the door side. I think the shirt is making it look worse than it really is. Any chance of getting a pic with his shirt tucked in?

ETA2: also, remember the rule of thumb is when he fits better without a booster than with. He might technically 5 step, but I don't see him being at that point yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC