Evenflo Buckles

morlando27

I read here that Evenflo had recently switched to a different style of buckle that was easier to operate but I just got a SureRide DOM 9/24/13 and it has a buckle like the one on the left. Has anyone actually received a Sureride with or a replacement from Evenflo of the style pictured on the right?

The buckle shown on the right is the old style Evenflo buckle (seat DOM is 3/17/11). The new Evenflo Tributes sold will have the same buckle style as the Sureride shown on the right.

ADS

amyd

I bought 2 Sure Rides last week and they both have the buckle pictured on the right. Not 100% on DOM but late Aug/early Sept, I believe. I'm in Canada as well...maybe that makes a difference.

morlando27

Re-reading the quoted post, I just realized that it said new Tributes would be sold with the buckle on the right. Maybe the one on the left is all that's available for Surerides but I think I remember someone else mentioning that they got a replacement buckle from Evenflo that was easier to operate. I have a Maestro that I recently moved to MIL's car for DS & DNephew and just bought the Sureride for DNiece but MIL has trouble with the buckles so I was really hoping I could get replacement buckles from Evenflo that would be easier to use. On their website, they have Surerides and Maestros pictured with buckles like the one on the right so I think I'll contact them and see what they say.

Brianna

Re-reading that I don't know why I said the Tributes would have the buckle on the right- I'm pretty sure all the new Evenflo seats have the one on the left :scratcheshead:

mom of six

I have seen different looking perhaps newish buckles on the Evenflo Embrace infant seat at Walmart. When I saw it my first thought is that it was the revamp of the small, round, sticky buckle. It doesn't look like either of the buckles in the picture. Maybe it is taking them longer to use up their old supply than they thought...

morlando27

The Evenflo rep said there was a buckle design change on the Maestro in April 2013 and they're sending me a replacement buckle for that seat. For the SureRide, she said there is a dot shaped indention indicating where you should press to release it and did not offer an alternate buckle.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have a Tribute from the spring (not sure of DOM; ) it has the buckle on the right.

nannykates

Our program tributes have all the chunkier buckle on the right(which I also find difficult). Our program maestros have the little buckle on the left, my guess is its harder to find buckles that are rated to higher weights.

Irishmama

I just got a replacement buckle from Evenflo for my SureRide and it looks like the one on the left. It is somewhat easier to open than the old one, but not a ton. I will probably end up calling again, sigh. The rep that I talked to said it looked to her like there had been a buckle change, but she wasn't certain and didn't know if they had changed manufacturers for their buckles. So we shall see. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC