Checking Interest

JCsMomma

Wanted to see if anyone is interested in my 2013 Britax SGL booster in Phantom. I just ordered a Recaro Performance Booster for my DS1 and if it works where I need it then this one will be going.

PS This DOES work in the third row outboard positions of the Dodge Grand caravan... That is where we use it which is a notoriously difficult spot to find compatible boosters for.

ADS

JCsMomma

The new booster will be here today so I should know ASAP whether or not I am selling. I could be open to a trade... What were you thinking?

tracee877

I have a FR90, Nautilus, SecureKid and a Maestro. I should probably keep the SecureKid though since it's in IL's car and is super easy for them to install.

JCsMomma

Hmmm... I'm probably good on combo seats. We have to ProSports, a Nauti, and an FR85. I need to save my funds for a larger convertible for DS2 I think.

Anyway, the new booster does work beautifully so the SGL has to go. I can grab a couple pics in the morning. I'm thinking $80 shipped? It won't be the original box, just FYI.

Phineasmama

Well I've got an RXT (I have shadow, plum, and spring covers) and a Faux Hawk Foonf, so if you're interested in either of those lmk!

Lenae

Could you take some pictures comparing the Recaro and the Britax? I'm thinking of selling either my ProBooster or 2013 Parkway if I like the Performance booster as much as I think I will.

JCsMomma

Could you take some pictures comparing the Recaro and the Britax? I'm thinking of selling either my ProBooster or 2013 Parkway if I like the Performance booster as much as I think I will.

Yes! I am going to box up the SGL this afternoon so I'll bring them both in. D take a few pictures first :)

jnamommy

I know the SGL is sold, but can you elaborate more on the fit in the 3rd row aravan? does it work really well, or just kinda ok? thanks!

JCsMomma

I know the SGL is sold, but can you elaborate more on the fit in the 3rd row aravan? does it work really well, or just kinda ok? thanks!

I'd say it works well; not perfect. What year is your van? Mine is a 2013 and the headrests are fixed and kind of jut forward at the top. Because of the height my DS needed, it didn't sit as perfectly as I'd like against the seat. It was an acceptable fit; I'm just trying to be precise :). And it might not even be a consideration depending on the height setting or if you can remove your headrests (I don't believe the SGL requires head support but since it's not an option for me I can't promise I'm remembering that correctly). The belt guides do work well. It takes a little muscle to pull it through sometimes, but my 7 year old had no trouble buckling himself. The seat belt retracts and never got stuck out like a (large) number of other boosters we have tried in the third row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC