I have the bug...

glockchick

The "I want a new seat" bug. :p But there's really nothing I want or need.

5 yr old DS has FR 90s in both vehicles. I tried letting him ride in a booster and he is not mature enough yet.

7 yr old DD has a PW SGL in the Civic and a TB SS in the suburban.

9 year old DD has a Bubblebum that goes where she does.

In addition to those, sitting around not being used I have a FR 90, PW SGL, TB SS, TB, and Maestro in my closet, a Harmony folding booster in the laundry room, and the broken Kiddy Cruiserfix out in it's box in the garage. I'm waiting to hear if NHTSA wants it, but if they don't lmk soon I'm gonna junk it. I hate having useless stuff laying around taking up space.

The 7 year old has requested to ride in the extra FR 90 so I may let her do that. Then again, it's so much easier to take her booster out and toss it in the trunk when I need to put a bigger kid in her spot when she's not with me. I'm not even sure the Frontier would fit in the trunk of the civic with my sleeping bag, pillow, and overnight bag I always keep back there for work.

My kids are growing up and severely limiting my car seat options. Who said they could do that? It's pretty sad when a car seat geek can't find a single seat they want when they get the itch. The only seat I could use is the new Incognito for the 9 year old and it's not out yet. :rolleyes:

ETA: Yes I'm pouting and avoiding studying for my test tomorrow. ;)

Last edited:
ADS

MotoMommaNH

You can help me pick out a new infant seat...? :)

I'm torn between spending the money for something uber cool like the Cybex or Nuna. Or don't waste the money and grab a Graco/Chicco standard and hope that a super de duper convertible comes out I'll want to spend it on instead. :rolleyes:

canadiangie

About a month ago I realized I've likely bought my last convertible. Little dd is turning 3, I have Radians coming out of my ears, she has miles to go, and I rock a 3 across, so Radian is helpful. I agree, who said they could grow up?

Persimmon

I am with you. How am I supposed to get my car seat fix satisfied when I only have one kid? And Diono is foiling my plan to get a new FF seat by not releasing the Stratofix here (at least for now). When I turn DS, I still may cave and get a Frontier 90 so I have a seat that DH can install correctly. That is the only thing I can remotely justify.

Syllieann

I only see one way to fix the situation. You're just going to need to have another baby. It's the only way to cure what ails you.;)

glockchick

I only see one way to fix the situation. You're just going to need to have another baby. It's the only way to cure what ails you.;)

Lol! Yeah no. 6 is plenty for me!

Babies are cute and their toys are fun but then they grow up. I'm liking doing things I couldn't do when I had a baby to worry about. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC