Please check this flyer. WDYT????

mykidsmylife

There is lots of color and the free car seats is in big letters! I am trying to make it all fit on 1 page so I just wanted to get the basics in. WDYT?
I am putting them out at the boys daycare tomorrow b/c I see sooo many people not using seats, using old seats etc... It is horendous...
Thanks

FREE CARSEATS!!!
If you are in need of a car seat please contact the El Paso Police Department at (915)564-7352.
They will give you a car seat after you complete a simple car seat saftey class held on every Thur. night.
Did you know your infant should be rear facing until 1 year and 20lbs or until they outgrow the weight on the carseat. Your toddler should be in a 5-point harness until 4 years, 43” and 40 lbs. Your child should be in a booster until 8 yrs, 4”9” and 80 lbs.
Your child car seat should be so tight you cant move it more than an inch. Your childs harness should be snug against their chest.
Carseats expire after 6 years. If you have a carseat older then 6 years or your child is not in an appropriate seat or if you want to make sure your childs seat is installed correctly. Please Please call the El Paso Police Department.
Thanks from a concerned mom…

ADS

MomToEliEm

Can you modify:

Your childs harness should be snug against their chest.

to something like

Your childs harness should be snug against their chest, with the chest clip located level with the child's arm pits. (*not sure if this is one word or two)

and

Your child car seat should be so tight you cant move it more than an inch.

to

Your child car seat should be so tight you cant move it more than an inch at the installed belt path.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Your child's harness should be snug against their chest, with the chest clip located level with the child's armpits.

Your child's car seat should be so tight you can't move it more than an inch at the installed belt path.

At least those errors. Let's see about the rest...

FREE CARSEATS!!!
If you are in need of a car seat please contact the El Paso Police Department at (915)564-7352.
They will give you a car seat after you complete a simple car seat saftey class held on every Thur. night.
Did you know your infant should be rear facing until 1 year and 20lbs or until they outgrow the weight on the carseat. Your toddler should be in a 5-point harness until 4 years, 43” and 40 lbs. Your child should be in a booster until 8 yrs, 4”9” and 80 lbs.
Your child car seat should be so tight you cant move it more than an inch. Your childs harness should be snug against their chest.
Carseats expire after 6 years. If you have a carseat older then 6 years or your child is not in an appropriate seat or if you want to make sure your childs seat is installed correctly. Please Please call the El Paso Police Department.

FREE CARSEATS!!!

If you are in need of a car seat please contact the El Paso Police Department at (915) 564-7352.

After a short class on carseat safety (offered every Thursday evening) eligible participants will receive their new carseat.

Did you know?
* An infant should remain rearfacing until AT LEAST 1 year AND 20 pounds. The AAP has recommended since 2001 that children rearface to the maximum limits of their convertible carseat (between 30 and 35 pounds, depending on model)
* A child should remain in a five point harness until they have reached a mature booster age, usually around kindergarten. At the bare minimum 4 years AND 40 pounds.
* A child should remain in a booster until they are 8 years or 80 pounds, or until the adult belt fits them properly (low over the hips,
across the shoulder)
* All children under the age of 12 should ride in the back seat

Your child is snugly in their seat when you cannot pinch any harness webbing AT THE SHOULDER. If anything is pinched the harness is too loose and there is a possibility of ejection. The chest clip should be on the breastbone between the nipples and armpits.

Most carseats expire after six years from the date they were made (NOT the date they were purchased). If you have a seat older than six years it must be replaced. There is risk of the carseat failing fatally after expiration.

If you have concerns about your carseat's safety, or would like to inquire about the free carseat program, please contact the El Paso Police Department at (915) 564-7352.

That's a bit easier to read, and it shouldn't have any spelling errors.

Wendy

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
These are picky: I'm an editor by profession and I can't help it!

A child should remain in a five point harness until they have reached a mature booster age, usually around kindergarten. At the bare minimum 4 years AND 40 pounds.

A child should remain in a five point harness until s/he is mature enough for a booster, which is usually around kindergarten age. 4 years AND 40 pounds is the bare minimum for booster usage.

A child should remain in a booster until they are 8 years or 80 pounds

until s/he is 8 years or 80 pounds (did you mean and?)

Your child is snugly in their seat
in his or her seat

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
These are picky: I'm an editor by profession and I can't help it!

A child should remain in a five point harness until s/he is mature enough for a booster, which is usually around kindergarten age. 4 years AND 40 pounds is the bare minimum for booster usage.

until s/he is 8 years or 80 pounds (did you mean and?)

in his or her seat

If you're an editor and the worst you found was gender issues, then I'm pretty pleased with myself. LOL

And no, I meant or. I wish it was and. The law here is 8 or 80, and while 10 or 100 sounds much better to me, I don't want to misrepresent what's going on, at least in other states (Texas has a 5 year OR 36" law, no weight restriction). I don't know off the top of my head any that are more stringent than 8 or 80.

Wendy

libranbutterfly

If you're an editor and the worst you found was gender issues, then I'm pretty pleased with myself. LOL

And no, I meant or. I wish it was and. The law here is 8 or 80, and while 10 or 100 sounds much better to me, I don't want to misrepresent what's going on, at least in other states (Texas has a 5 year OR 36" law, no weight restriction). I don't know off the top of my head any that are more stringent than 8 or 80.

Wendy

At least you're not in Kentucky. All we have is a under 40" rule :eek:

mykidsmylife

Texas is 36" or 5.....

thanks so much I will fix it. I am sooo excited to hand these out and it is being emialed to over 3000 families on our Army base! YEAH!

MomToEliEm

Texas is 36" or 5.....

thanks so much I will fix it. I am sooo excited to hand these out and it is being emialed to over 3000 families on our Army base! YEAH!

Oh, please don't put Texas law as a guideline on the flier. If you must include the law, indicate how horrible it is and that the laws of physics outway the laws of Texas. My 2 year old was already 36" and could legally be in a regular seatbelt in Texas (many here do). I would love there to be something written stating that the laws of Texas are horrible so don't follow them, use the below guidelines as your guide to car seat use...

mykidsmylife

LOL. Sorry I had tp laugh at that. I would NEVER put that law on there. I am so against everything about it. I was simply responding to a pp. Dont worry......

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC