Where is the new Maxi Cosi hbb?

canadiangie

I thought it was hitting the US in September? And I was hoping to hear it was coming to Canada at some point.

Any new info?

ADS

Phineasmama

I think it's supposed to be just the same as the Euro version? I'm not sure...I do plan on getting one as soon as they come out, IF the government shut down doesn't last much longer. Otherwise my income will be cut in half and expensive booster seats won't be high on the priority list :rolleyes:

Phineasmama

Please get a pic of the different color choices if you are able to :) I like being able to see IRL pics as opposed to stock pics which can be very misleading at times.

_juune

Isn't that just the Ferofix renamed for the US market?
It's actually Rodifix in Europe, too. Initially they called it Ferofix, then pretty soon switched to Rodifix, to match the rest of their booster seats.

finn

It's actually Rodifix in Europe, too. Initially they called it Ferofix, then pretty soon switched to Rodifix, to match the rest of their booster seats.

Oh cool, I had looked at it a while ago for ds & hadn't realised they'd changed the name :)

sailors_rose

Just contacted Maxi Cosi, I asked them if the rodifix needs a headrest to be installed in a vehicle. They just said that it does not require a headrest to be installed.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Yes - details will be coming very soon (including a RodiFix video)! I'll work on the Dorel ABC update blog tomorrow and if I get it done before the day is over then I'll post it tomorrow. If not, then I'll post it on Monday.

For the record, it WILL require head support from the vehicle. Dorel is adamant that this is truly necessary (for all boosters on the market - not just Dorel boosters) in order to provide adequate protection from whiplash injuries in rear impact crashes. Dorel has been rear-impact testing their CRs for years - even though there are no federal requirements or standards for CRs to pass in rear-impact testing.

They feel pretty strongly about this and that is the reason why you see this mandate on all of their boosters regardless of how flimsy or sturdy the product feels. They're not trying to make our lives more complicated by mandating head support from the vehicle - they're just trying to prevent unnecessary injuries.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC