New Graco car seat???

hkmomof5

I was stopped at the mall today and asked to do a car seat survey.
One of the seats looked to be a new Graco that harnessed FF to 65 lbs. It was very wide, with dual cup holders molded in the shell of the seat. It had very deep side wings and a base which it sat on top of, or into. I could not "play" with it as much as I would of liked to. All the LATCH belts were neon yellow and color coded for ease of use. I would of liked to know more about it. Has anyone else heard anything about this?? I was just curious. Thanks.

Holli

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, it's about time! I now have some hope that Graco can keep up with the competition :D (This must be super duper new, I didn't hear anyone mention it being seen at the ABC Kids Expo a couple weeks ago).

Thanks for sharing...you are definitely the first to know!

:)

veggiegirl228

It sounds like a very interesting seat. Can't wait till it comes out. I think it's great that Graco is trying to improve their seats for safety of the children.

ThreeBeans

Was this a Graco representative? Or were there a number of different brands? Were any of them seats on the market yet? As of now, Graco is definitely not producing anything harnessable over 40 lbs. I am so interested!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Ya know, there was a rumor going around for awhile that Graco had bought the shell and patent for the Futura.

Hmmm

scatterbunny

Ya know, there was a rumor going around for awhile that Graco had bought the shell and patent for the Futura.

Hmmm

That would be freaking awesome! :D BUT, the Futura doesn't sit up on a base, it isn't particularly wide, it doesn't have deep sidewings. Would it make sense to buy a shell design and patent only to change it so drastically?

Exciting news, indeed! :)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
That would be freaking awesome! :D BUT, the Futura doesn't sit up on a base, it isn't particularly wide, it doesn't have deep sidewings. Would it make sense to buy a shell design and patent only to change it so drastically?

Exciting news, indeed! :)

IDK, but they may have. The Futura also didn't have EPS foam, latch, or any recline features that parents look for nowdays. They could have just used it for research purposes I guess.

I wouldn't be the first time a cs company used an older mold as a starting point, rather than starting from scratch. The Super Elite was the jumping off point for the TP IIRC.

scatterbunny

Right, but the Super Elite and Traveller Plus are essentially identical; not many changes, except add-ons.

Hey, I HOPE the Graco seat is based on the Futura--I'm just not holding my breath. ;)

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
when i talked to the graco rep at USA baby in Aug she said they were coming out with a new seat like the cargo that harnessed to i believe 50 pounds, that could have changed but she did say they were trying.

Clarissa

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
The Futura IS sort of like the Cargo--no base to speak of, very upright. :p Futura harnessed to 60 pounds though, not 50.

Yea the lady seemed to know what she was talking about And i think i posted about it when i got hom cuz i was so excited that graco was trying to improve! I hope they make a better seat I like the cargo but caden has all of like 3 pounds left in it and hes only 3. I also hope they add more SIP and eps foam my cargo is laking in that area, and that makes me a bit nervous

Clarissa

ThreeBeans

Since Graco is now the only company marketing a 30 pound rear facing weight limit, I'd like to see them bump that up a bit more than anything.

hkmomof5

Sorry it took so long to get back, I've got one heck of a head cold. The seat's base was very square and there was no visible recline( again I couldn't play). There were other seats from other manufactures as well as three from Graco. This did not look like a modified Cargo, I have one and wish it harnessed to 65 lbs. I am not so sure of what a Futura looks llike. It was so fun to do the survey. I had a chance to voice my opinions. I just wanted to see if I could find it out there on the net to view better. It wouldn't be something that I could use now though. I need the narrow Radians to fit all the kiddos, but I LOVE to look. All thanks to this site!!!:D

hkmomof5

OOPPSS, just saw your pix of your daughter in the Furtura. This seat was much wider and has very deep sides, but did seem as high. It only had a RF weight limit of 30lbs. and I did list that as a negative. I would also like a 35 lb. RF limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC