Question Help me decide! MySize 70, My Ride 65, True Fit or other?

B

Bobrummel

Hello! Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm looking for a 3rd seat for my son who is 16 months now. We currently own a Britax Marathon 70 (hard to buckle him in properly because of the scrunched up leg room) and a Graco My Ride 65 (not as easy to adjust harness and latches).

My next seat is either going to go in an extended cab Chevy pick up truck or in a Toyota Rav4 if I decide to move the Britax in favor of better leg position. My son is currently approximately 22 lb and 32" tall. For reference, his 18 month pants are a little big in the waist, but just right in the length and he is wearing 2T shirts for the length, but they are a little baggy.

I would love to spend in the $150 range and get a seat that will last him as long as possible without sacrificing safety, his comfort, or my sanity. I'm not sure if I should get another MyRide 65 or go for either a True Fit or a MySize 70 or something else I haven't even considered yet! Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

ADS

babyherder

Out of those options I would go with the mysize 70. It is taller than the myride 65 and therefore will last longer. The True Fit is tall and has good leg room but only rf to 35lbs so I would skip it.

mom2ari

You could look on the growth chart curve and see when your son is projected to hit 35 lbs based on where he has been falling on the charts up to now. See if you feel comfortable FFing him at the age he is expected to hit 35lbs.

My dd loves her TF, and prefers it over her radian. I don't like it as much as our Radians though. I don't really care for the continuous harness on the TF, and I find it harder to secure the buckles as well.

Bobrummel

Ok, update questions.

Where can I find a TF at a store to look at/try? I tried 3 stores that usually sell baby items(target, walmart, and babies r us) and none had the true fit in stores. Does it maybe go by another name?

Also, I tried my My Ride in the truck and it seems like it is not as stable as my britax (it tries to flip towards the back of the car when rf-ing. Am I installing it incorrectly or is there a trick to get it more stable? Also, is it ok for the seat to protrude into the front seats of the truck? I didn't have a problem with my Chicco keyfit, but I guess the My Ride is bigger.

My son definitely has more leg room in the My Ride. I don't care so much about the room for comfort so much as when his legs are bent, I don't feel like I tighten the harness as well:(

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC