Question on Parkway booster

• Thread starter catherine lewis niemann
  • Start date
C

catherine lewis niemann

First, I love this page. I have spent hours and hours on here over the years. Today I received a 2013 Britax Parkway SG booster seat I ordered. This is my first experience ever with a booster seat. My daughter is 5 1/2 and 41 lbs and has outgrown one of her current Britax seats. She will remain in her other Britax harnessed seat for much longer (goes to 65 lbs). I am having second thoughts now on this booster seat. I called Britax because even after attaching the back to the base and having it click to stand up the back moves quite a bit. They said once she was in the car it wouldn't move. Well, it does move forward if I pull it forward while she is sitting in it. The base is secure when she is buckled in...just the back moves. Is this supposed to happen? I know it is the seatbelt that is going to work in a crash, but if the back of the seat moves forward into her isn't that unsafe? I am wondering if I need to send the booster back or if this is how it is supposed to be. I was really stressing about switching her, but then I decided a booster in one car would be okay. She is mature and not fidgety in the car, hardly ever sleeps in the car, and has outgrown her other seat so I talked myself into it (not to mention she really wanted to have one). Still, maybe I should have followed my gut :) Thanks in advance for your advice.

ADS

nannykates

That's how the seat is designed to work. it is very safe and shouldn't be a concern that it hits her back in an accident. Boosters can feel weird after using a harness for so long!

jess71903

Ambassador
:yeahthat:. It sounds like it's fine. Boosters just aren't the heafty beasts that harnessed seats are (well, most anyway). Their only job is to boost the kiddo up and position the belt correctly.

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the replies. I am glad to hear it is normal. It sure does feel flimsy compared to a regular car seat. I guess it will just take some getting used to for me. My daughter is thrilled though!
Catherine

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC