Soak nauti buckle per graco

Reinhrs

CPS Technician
I just found this kind of wierd so thought I'd share and see what others thought. I called graco to ask about getting a different crotch buckle for my dd nautilus. She asked if I had tried soaking it in a warm cup of water to see if it helps loosen the joints up. They are still sending me the same style buckle but did say that the new style will be more square shaped. that is all she would tell me about its ease of use. Any thoughts, thanks!

Also, per talking with true fit premier manufacturer they are ok with ds2 being rf behind the front passenger seat that has built into the seat airbags on the sides of front driver and passenger seats. Vehicle also has side curtain airbags as well. They did say as long as you can still fit your hand between the carseat and front seat it's ok. Any thoughts on in a crash though that these airbags would hit his seat? Thanks!

ADS

morlando27

I contacted them through their web site and said that I had tried cleaning the buckle but it was still difficult to operate. They sent me a new one (different style) that is much easier to use.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I just found this kind of wierd so thought I'd share and see what others thought. I called graco to ask about getting a different crotch buckle for my dd nautilus. She asked if I had tried soaking it in a warm cup of water to see if it helps loosen the joints up. They are still sending me the same style buckle but did say that the new style will be more square shaped. that is all she would tell me about its ease of use. Any thoughts, thanks!

Graco has been suggesting this for a while. Other ideas are here. Note that when you submerge the buckle upside down in a container of water you're putting only the buckle in, not the webbing.

Do not submerge the harness webbing and do not use soaps or lubricants, only rinse the harness buckle with warm water. Shake out the excess water and allow the harness buckle to air dry.

Also, per talking with true fit premier manufacturer they are ok with ds2 being rf behind the front passenger seat that has built into the seat airbags on the sides of front driver and passenger seats. Vehicle also has side curtain airbags as well. They did say as long as you can still fit your hand between the carseat and front seat it's ok. Any thoughts on in a crash though that these airbags would hit his seat? Thanks!

Doesn't concern me in the slightest, so long as there's no restriction in your vehicle manual about installing a seat in that position. The way the air bags deploy they don't interfere with a car seat. Generally the worry about air bags is that you don't want a rear-facing seat installed in the front passenger seat where the air bag comes out of the dash.

Reinhrs

CPS Technician
Thanks, the person I talked to said they would be sending me the same style buckle I already have. I wish they would go back to using the style that was originally on them.

Reinhrs

CPS Technician
Thanks! I have a freestyle with bucket seats so generally have loved it for carseats and did not find anything in the vehicle manual about not allowing cr to be installed there.

I should add that I am a carseat tech but believe in learning and asking questions. I love hearing from techs that have much more experience than myself. Thanks again!!

morlando27

Thanks, the person I talked to said they would be sending me the same style buckle I already have. I wish they would go back to using the style that was originally on them.

Here's a picture of the new one they sent me. I think it's as easy as the original.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC