Is the Signo/Como even worth it for a 3yo?

TracyRee

So now that some of you have tried out the Como, is it even worth buying if your child is already 3 and not uncommonly small?

ADS

ZephyrBlue

Re: Is teh Signo/Como even worth it for a 3yo?

I think that the measurements of your child are way more vital than the age, in this case especially- including shoulder width. I just bought a Como for my 4.5yo who is very small for her age, but if the seat is a good fit, I think it's worth it. It also depends on how many years of use you're expecting to get. With an average sized 3yo, you probably won't get to use it until he/she is 7 or 8, but it might last a couple of years and then the child may be big enough (and mature enough) to use a booster or another higher harness weight seat.

niccig

I agree re. measurements. Can you post height/weight/torso height or the seat they currently use and which harness slots.

My DS is 3 in December, but he's small for his age - 28 lbs, 34", 13" torso. We just got a Como - he's on the 2nd from bottom slots rearfacing - tons of growing room. But he has tons of room in any higher weight seat. Other 3yo I know would fare differently.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC