First drive with Como...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Sorry, still no pictures :(.

Anyway, wow, that thing has deep sides! I kept looking back at Leah and couldn't see her at all (hmm...time to use that mirror I bought before she was born and never installed? lol)... I'm asking the big kids, "is she asleep? is her head flopped over? is she dancing to radio disney?"...I kind of miss the wide open Radian!

I don't think it's possible for even ME to drive with that thing RF in the middle... normally I never have an issue with that situation and wonder how people can't see over an RF seat...well, now I understand! holy cow it's tall when RF!

Installed great though, pretty upright, but fine for her.

Her shoulders went below the second from bottom slots! She's definitely AT them in the house... crazy.. (I'm leaving them there, they are WAY too far below her shoulders in the bottom).

I still love that smooth harness adjuster...I miss HUGS, though...she was pushing the chest clip around, I can see that might be an issue with my little Houdini (she spends endless hours doing up various clips and buckles all over the house...too funny, until she takes that talent to her carseat...)

Overall, I miss the view of my kid, but like the closed sides, the install, and the harness adjuster...so :thumbsup:

ADS

lovinwaves

Yep, those sides are deep!! I LOOOOVE that though :love: My Dh noticed that immediately and commented how he wished our Marathon's had that. I really do like that aspect of the seat. Uber safe! :D

southpawboston

a lot of people have been reporting it being pretty upright when RF. interestingly, according to the pics in the manual, it seems that they designed it to be at a 45 degree angle when the base is perfectly horizontal. but back seats are rarely flat, they are almost always sloped toward the rear. so it makes sense that almost every RF install is going to, by default, give a more upright angle than 45 degrees. it gave us about a 30 degree angle when we installed it in our car.

Yoshi

Yep, those sides are deep!! I LOOOOVE that though :love: My Dh noticed that immediately and commented how he wished our Marathon's had that. I really do like that aspect of the seat. Uber safe! :D
I wish the Regent had those deep wings....But yeah, too bad the Como wasn't about 2" wider at the shoulder though- especially closer to the top where it actually gets narrower. I don't think it will fit many in the 4 and older crowd, unless they are bean-poles. I'd like to see a real-life 50-70lb child comfortable in that seat. It's great for babies and toddlers, though.

Simplysomething

Lovin, are you allowed to say anything BAD about the Recaros (in public), or will they not let you sell them anymore? ;)

(P.S. I'm just picking on Lovinwaves. She's very honest and I don't think she'd agree to sell them if she discovered they weren't everything SHE was expecting.)

lovinwaves

Lovin, are you allowed to say anything BAD about the Recaros (in public), or will they not let you sell them anymore? ;)

(P.S. I'm just picking on Lovinwaves. She's very honest and I don't think she'd agree to sell them if she discovered they weren't everything SHE was expecting.)

Ok simply....

I can't saying anything "bad" about them because for me there isn't...BUT there are some "cons" about the seat:

Hmm...well....hmmm.....lemme think....hmm.... :p

tl01

Well... I don't sell the seats and I love our Como. DS has fallen asleep in the seat a few times and his head did not slump forward. I think the seat gives pretty good SIP. Only bummer is twisty straps and the buckle tongues.

lovinwaves

Lovinwaves, Have you purchased a Como yet? If not, why? Just curious. Thanks!

Oh man you are killing me......I sooo want to!! We are getting ready to have a major life change happening soon, so the budget is on halt for now. I just bought another Radian as a back up seat, but my goal is to sell the Marathon's and get Como's or Signo's. Once DD gets close to that 33lb range then I will seriously be thinking of getting the Como or Signo for her at least. Although I sell them, I unfortunately don't get them at cost :(

I just don't want the whole hassle of selling the Marathon's and all that, ya know? I really love my marathons LOL!! But, watching all of these Como's being shipped out makes me really jealous LOL!

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
We are getting ready to have a major life change happening soon,

Just wondering...... tell me to kiss off if I'm out of line, but...

Is this your way of saying that you got caught in the baby dust storm that's been hitting the board lately?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC